Jump to content

Photo

OFFICIAL NOW Jade Wedding Thread


  • Please log in to reply
5307 replies to this topic

#2211 ironman

ironman
  • Jr. Member
  • 320 posts

    Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

    Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

    The Divine Package includes the flower arrangements on the pergola.

    Oh awesome! I was thinking they would be extra, they look beautiful on the pergola!



    #2212 ironman

    ironman
    • Jr. Member
    • 320 posts

      Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

      Ahhh, I'm feeling a bit stressed by this all today.

       

      I've read that some of you have exchanged your private airport transfers for a hair and makeup trial before the wedding. This is great! For those of you who don't require the resort photographer as part of the Divine package at all (we're bringing a photographer down with us), what have you been able to exchange the photography package for?

       

      We're doing a symbolic ceremony. Do we need to write the ceremony ourselves? Or just pick certain components to personalize? I'd like to have our own vows, and perhaps a reading or two.

       

      And another kind of stupid question - is Castaways indoors? From the photos I've seen it looks kind of outdoor/indoor-ish, but is hard to tell. Hopefully it has air conditioning!



      #2213 shannonmarie

      shannonmarie
      • Member
      • 683 posts
      • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
      • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

      Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

      Originally Posted by ironman 

      Ahhh, I'm feeling a bit stressed by this all today.

       

      I've read that some of you have exchanged your private airport transfers for a hair and makeup trial before the wedding. This is great! For those of you who don't require the resort photographer as part of the Divine package at all (we're bringing a photographer down with us), what have you been able to exchange the photography package for?

       

      We're doing a symbolic ceremony. Do we need to write the ceremony ourselves? Or just pick certain components to personalize? I'd like to have our own vows, and perhaps a reading or two.

       

      And another kind of stupid question - is Castaways indoors? From the photos I've seen it looks kind of outdoor/indoor-ish, but is hard to tell. Hopefully it has air conditioning!

      From what I've read, it seems that the girls who were able to exchange the transfer for the hair/make up trials were married well over a year ago. It seems that they got lucky because they are no longer allowing that swap. I asked Pilar and she told me its a no go... You either use it or lose it. As for the photography, unfortunately, you cannot swap it out for anything. You can use it for maybe another event but that's it. It seems that they are A LOT less flexible on swapping things out nowadays. Although, everything seems to be soooo inconsistent so maybe some people will catch them on a good day and they might allow a swap! Who knows!

       

      Somewhere in this thread, I believe Khunt posted the different script options. We are opting to bring our own script. I've pieced it together by reading different script threads on this forum. You can def throw in your own vows and a reading or two.

       

      Our reception is also in Castaways and I also think it's kind or outdoor/indoor-ish. I might be wrong but I don't believe there isn't air conditioning in there! I HOPE I am wrong but I think it's going to be pretty hot. I'm pretty sure I've read past reviews that said there was no A/C. If I was able to go back in time, I would have picked the Bamboo room. I don't know why I didn't to begin with, but oh well! I'll be sure to give you an update about it after my wedding! :-)


      62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


      #2214 ironman

      ironman
      • Jr. Member
      • 320 posts

        Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

        After we decided to do a destination wedding, I didn't regret our decision at all. However we've only got one week left for our guests to get in on our group booking and our numbers aren't nearly as high we were are hoping for (we invited 166 adults, and so far we only have 16 attending, including us. We thought we would be able to get at least 40). Our packages are all quite reasonably priced (<$1,500 from every departure city in Canada, even less in the US), but perhaps cost and proximity to Christmas is an issue. I don't even know if we'll have enough people to even do a group booking at this point. I just feel so badly right now, some people email me with odd excuses that I feel I can see right through. If cost/vacation time/work is the reason why they can't attend I just wish they would say that, rather than "my 6 month old may not be able to handle the heat" or something along those lines. I have semi-thick skin, but I do take it a bit personally, and it makes me question our decision to have a DW in the first place. I know we'll have our immediate family there, which is most important to me, but I'm still feeling badly about the others.

         

        I was planning on sending out formal invites to people in a few months. Do I even bother sending formal invites to people who have already said no to me?



        #2215 hortonk

        hortonk
        • Newbie
        • 87 posts

          Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

          Originally Posted by UMassRN007 

          The chairs are $7 each plus tax, like others have said, the large flower arrangement at the start of the aisle are around $350 each. I'm getting the divine package as well and plan on using the included bridal bouquet and table arrangement as my two flower arrangements on the pergola (i'm bringing a faux bouquet from home). The white fabric is included. 

           

          Just to keep in mind: I contacted an outside florist (maya floral)  today to hopefully get some flower quotes (centerpieces and aisle markers). From what i've read in reviews, they're very good at crafting something for you that's within your budget.  If you have someone meet the florist outside of the resort, you don't have to pay a vendor fee. I'll let you know :)

          That is such a great tip thank you so much! Please keep me posted as to what you find out. Also, someone one has said that the flowers on the pergola are included in the Divine Package, that is awesome!!! I am SOOO stuck on the center peices....I really dont want to spend an arm and a leg on them but i also dont want to be bringing EVERYTHING down with me....Any center peice tips and advise would be so appreciated!!



          #2216 ironman

          ironman
          • Jr. Member
          • 320 posts

            Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

            Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

            From what I've read, it seems that the girls who were able to exchange the transfer for the hair/make up trials were married well over a year ago. It seems that they got lucky because they are no longer allowing that swap. I asked Pilar and she told me its a no go... You either use it or lose it. As for the photography, unfortunately, you cannot swap it out for anything. You can use it for maybe another event but that's it. It seems that they are A LOT less flexible on swapping things out nowadays. Although, everything seems to be soooo inconsistent so maybe some people will catch them on a good day and they might allow a swap! Who knows!

             

            Somewhere in this thread, I believe Khunt posted the different script options. We are opting to bring our own script. I've pieced it together by reading different script threads on this forum. You can def throw in your own vows and a reading or two.

             

            Our reception is also in Castaways and I also think it's kind or outdoor/indoor-ish. I might be wrong but I don't believe there isn't air conditioning in there! I HOPE I am wrong but I think it's going to be pretty hot. I'm pretty sure I've read past reviews that said there was no A/C. If I was able to go back in time, I would have picked the Bamboo room. I don't know why I didn't to begin with, but oh well! I'll be sure to give you an update about it after my wedding! :-)

            Thanks Shannon! That really helps, I've still got 8 months so I'll start thinking about scripts early then. 

             

            I can understand not allowing swaps/exchanges, but I'll ask anyways ;) Worst case she says no, I guess, which is what I'm expecting now!

             

            We had initially asked for the Bamboo room, but it was already booked on the date we were given. I'm sure Castaways will be fantastic, and it will probably cool off in the evening so hopefully heat won't be an issue. I hope you'll share some of your photos, I haven't been able to find many others out there yet from that space. Where will your ceremony and cocktail hour be? You're getting so close!



            #2217 shannonmarie

            shannonmarie
            • Member
            • 683 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
            • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

            Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

            Originally Posted by ironman 

            After we decided to do a destination wedding, I didn't regret our decision at all. However we've only got one week left for our guests to get in on our group booking and our numbers aren't nearly as high we were are hoping for (we invited 166 adults, and so far we only have 16 attending, including us. We thought we would be able to get at least 40). Our packages are all quite reasonably priced (<$1,500 from every departure city in Canada, even less in the US), but perhaps cost and proximity to Christmas is an issue. I don't even know if we'll have enough people to even do a group booking at this point. I just feel so badly right now, some people email me with odd excuses that I feel I can see right through. If cost/vacation time/work is the reason why they can't attend I just wish they would say that, rather than "my 6 month old may not be able to handle the heat" or something along those lines. I have semi-thick skin, but I do take it a bit personally, and it makes me question our decision to have a DW in the first place. I know we'll have our immediate family there, which is most important to me, but I'm still feeling badly about the others.

             

            I was planning on sending out formal invites to people in a few months. Do I even bother sending formal invites to people who have already said no to me?

            I would still send out formal invites as a courtesy. Who knows, they may still send you a gift! I also wouldn't wouldn't be disappointed on your guest count just yet! We are getting married this June and we didn't have our first guest book until January (only 6 months out) we are now almost 2 months out and we have 60 guest booked with 7 more getting ready to book. (we were hoping for about 40-50 so we are wayyyy over budget!!) We invited about 170. It seems that people just want to wait until the last minute to book! For some reason, people just don't want to commit to things far in advance. 


            62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


            #2218 shannonmarie

            shannonmarie
            • Member
            • 683 posts
            • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
            • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

            Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

            Originally Posted by ironman 

            Thanks Shannon! That really helps, I've still got 8 months so I'll start thinking about scripts early then. 

             

            I can understand not allowing swaps/exchanges, but I'll ask anyways ;) Worst case she says no, I guess, which is what I'm expecting now!

             

            We had initially asked for the Bamboo room, but it was already booked on the date we were given. I'm sure Castaways will be fantastic, and it will probably cool off in the evening so hopefully heat won't be an issue. I hope you'll share some of your photos, I haven't been able to find many others out there yet from that space. Where will your ceremony and cocktail hour be? You're getting so close!

            Absolutely! I would still definitely ask! You never know!

            I'll be happy to share many photos! Ceremony is at 5pm at the Pergola and Cocktails are at the Mix Beach Bar. It's getting super close! I can't believe it's almost here!


            62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!


            #2219 hortonk

            hortonk
            • Newbie
            • 87 posts

              Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

              Originally Posted by ironman 

              Thanks Shannon! That really helps, I've still got 8 months so I'll start thinking about scripts early then. 

               

              I can understand not allowing swaps/exchanges, but I'll ask anyways ;) Worst case she says no, I guess, which is what I'm expecting now!

               

              We had initially asked for the Bamboo room, but it was already booked on the date we were given. I'm sure Castaways will be fantastic, and it will probably cool off in the evening so hopefully heat won't be an issue. I hope you'll share some of your photos, I haven't been able to find many others out there yet from that space. Where will your ceremony and cocktail hour be? You're getting so close!

              Thats too bad, I was really hoping that we could swap and exchange things as well! Do you think for larger groups fhat they will be more accomodating to negotiate things? I read somewhere (cant remember where) that someone swaped out the live music included with the Divine package for the dj....? Do people usually negotiate down there or prior to departure?



              #2220 juicybride

              juicybride
              • Newbie
              • 76 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 31, 2014
              • Wedding Location:NOW JADE
              • LocationCanada

              Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

              Originally Posted by ironman 

              Thanks Shannon! That really helps, I've still got 8 months so I'll start thinking about scripts early then. 

               

              I can understand not allowing swaps/exchanges, but I'll ask anyways ;) Worst case she says no, I guess, which is what I'm expecting now!

               

              We had initially asked for the Bamboo room, but it was already booked on the date we were given. I'm sure Castaways will be fantastic, and it will probably cool off in the evening so hopefully heat won't be an issue. I hope you'll share some of your photos, I haven't been able to find many others out there yet from that space. Where will your ceremony and cocktail hour be? You're getting so close!

               

              I have tried to ask for swaps to with the transfers and photographer also. I was told the transfers weren't able to be swapped or credited. However, you can be credited $150 for the photographer if you don't want to use him. 






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users