2013 Grande Palladium Resort Jamaica Brides
Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:59 PM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:16 PM
Hi there! My name is Michelle - I'm getting married at Grand Palladium in Jamaica, May 6th 2013! I see you're planning to do be married there too!!
I joined the forum to get some insight and advice from other girls in my situation. I actually have messaged a few 2012 brides already about this stuff, but would you mind giving me your opinion on a few things ?
The kinda things I'm interersted in knowing are....
- How has the resort been when dealing with you? Are they flexible? Are they negotiating with you on anything? Do you find them expensive (are they charging you for every little thing? or are the prices what you expected based on what was on the website) ?
- What are the positives you've experienced so far with Grand Palladium ?
- Are there any negatives or warnings you have for me about the resort ?
- Who did you book for a photographer? I've seen a few online but I'm nervous to make a choice. I think photos are one of the most important parts of that special day! I found & love these three: Dean Clarke, Dwayne Watkins and SAAB weddings. They're all based in Jamaica. Then I have a couple of options that would mean I have to fly in the photographer and pay for their room/food. I'm not sure which to go with. What are you going to do?
- What kind of pricing did they give you for a week stay ? (if this is too personal, you don't have to answer!!) did they give you any free rooms? They gave me pricing of $1536 per person, based on double occupancy for a week stay (May 1-8). I think that's pretty competitive... what about you?
- What is your rought budget / for how many attending guests ? (again, if this is too personal, pls ignore me!! Lol)
- What are you doing for hair and make up on the day of?
- It looks like I'll probably be getting married at the ATTRIUM location, using the Pure Paradise package and then having a private dinner and dancing reception at the Blue Lagoon that night. We're def gonna book the steel drum band for an hour and probably a DJ as well.
Ok , I'll stop rambling on. I really appreciate any advice you can give !! If it's easier to private message me - feel free to!
I wish you all the best for your special day!!
All the best,
Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:53 AM
Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:58 AM
I'm also getting married at this resort in the Atrium! My dates are April 28 - May 5 and I was quoted around $2000 tax in for double occupancy leaving from St. John's. I will also be going with the Pure Paradise package. I am wondering most of the same questions that you have just asked! Do you know anything about the reception after the ceremony and if it is private? I also wanted to know about the packages, it says $2000 for the pure paradise but only for 8 people so what if you have 60-80 guests?
Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:26 PM
Hi. I am getting married at GP Jamaica on March 8, 2013. The WC Carian booked the date and I sent deposit, however, she asked that I send her a copy of my photo id. Did anyone else have to do this?
Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:28 PM
for every guest over 8, it is $20 pp. That is just for the wedding. Reception is $45 pp. if you choose a private reception. I think you have to have a private reception if you have more than 45 people.
Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:30 PM
I just booked my wedding for Jan 30, 2013!!!! I'm going with the Waves of Love package, beach wedding, and a private reception at the Blue Lagoon!!!
Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:59 AM
I had to send my passport along too. Its normal.
AS FOR CONSTRUCTION...
I was told construction was going on (still trying to find out the dates) and it is going to be located beside/near SUNSET COVE. See map below... if you have questions, ask your wedding planner to give you more details and PLEASE post the answers here...
Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:38 AM
I have booked and confirmed a beach wedding for 6 April 2013 at 2pm.
we havent sorted recep details out yet, But I guess to clock is ticking! Be interested to see what others have booked. I would prefer my guests to be able to pick what they would like on the day as there may be a few fussy eaters
Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:33 AM
Has anyone had extra trouble recently getting in touch with your WC? Can I ask everyone who your WC is? I have Ms. Carian. At first she was great, but it seems she has dropped off now. I called three times last week and I still have not gotten her.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users