Photo

Just Returned From RIU Palace Wedding

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

Oh great..... My WC's name is Kylne Valle...Is this who everyone is referring to as "Kylene"? I'm sure it is... I wonder if I can request to change to someone different? My wedding is May 11, 2013. Thanks to all for all of this helpful info.

#22 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
    • 116 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Wow, Thanks so much for all the detail! I have all the same questions and I am getting married May 11 2013. Would you mind sending me pictures of your reception at Baja Norte? I've seen plenty of the gazebo where we'll be getting married. My email: HOUSTONNLH@hotmail.com.  Thank you so much!

#23 ReyDar64

ReyDar64
      • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hi there,

I would LOVE it if you could also email me the pics! eviegurl21@yahoo.com

THANK YOU!!

#24 Aynat

Aynat
        • 199 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

I would love to see your beautiful pics too. Thank you so much!!! Tanyalovesroses@gmail.com

#25 cabowed12812

cabowed12812
          • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

I am getting married at the Riu Palace in Cabo in December 2012. Do you have any suggestions on where to go for hair and makeup? I have heard some comments about the spa on site and I am unsure if I want to use them or use a private person. Any suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

#26 kary

kary
            • 186 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hello CaboWed,

I got my hair and makeup done at Suzanne Morel's salon.  She is pretty expensive, but i was HIGHLY satisfied with her team.  I showed them a picture of the the hair I wanted, and they did it perfect.  I also didn't do the trial run, and I'm glad I didnt because they are really good and I think its a waste of money.  I would say to book early with her, as she gets pretty busy.  It was only a 5 minute cab ride from the RIU.  Some of my bridesmaids did get their done at the RIU salon, and it turned out cute.  No one got their makeup done though, so I can't comment on that.

Good Luck :)

#27 cabowed12812

cabowed12812
              • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

Does anyone know when the Riu schedules the rehearsal and how long it takes?  Our group would like to schedule an excursion the day before the wedding and I was unsure if we would be available that day or if we will be expected to be going over things with the WC.

#28 kary

kary
                • 186 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

HI CaboWed,

The rehearsal is very short and basic...Since they do this multiple times a week they keep it quick.  I don't even think they require one, but I asked to have mine because I had 18 people in our wedding party.  I scheduled mine for 7:00 the night before then we all went to dinner afterwards.  You will most likely meet with your WC to go over everything the day after you get there.  I would at least request that if its not offered so you know that you took care of things and can relax.

I saw a few of you asked for pictures of the Baja Norte as well, please see above :)

#29 cabowed12812

cabowed12812
                  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Thanks Kary, you have been very helpful.

#30 JenK

JenK
                    • 302 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Houston-I did not have a good experience with Kylene, as well as a couple of other people on here. Just my personal experience! So if you can- I would request a switch. Maybe management needs to hear some of the concerns!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users