Photo

Dress Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

I am starting a workout program today ( Jillian Michael's 30 day shred) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how far in advance I can order my dress? I found one I like at Davids Bridal and my wedding in early February 2013.  I was thinking May but now I want to give myself some time to lose weight.  Would August/September be to late?

What do you think?

#2 cdc150

cdc150
    • 332 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

David's Bridal you can order the dresses but you can also buy off the rack, so you have a lot more time!   Also, they can do alterations there so if you go soon and loose weight they can adjust your dress.  I didn't buy my dress there, but my dress has to be taken in and its not a problem.  You can also look at corset backs which allow some wiggle room for weight fluctuation.

Originally Posted by ANGELA2013 

I am starting a workout program today ( Jillian Michael's 30 day shred) and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how far in advance I can order my dress? I found one I like at Davids Bridal and my wedding in early February 2013.  I was thinking May but now I want to give myself some time to lose weight.  Would August/September be to late?

What do you think?

#3 cnd29

cnd29
      • 132 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:50 AM

The time for ordering depends on the dress, if they normally stock it or not and can even vary by color choice (white, soft white or ivory).  The one I got I was lucky enough they had my size and color in stock and I bought off the rack.  If I had wanted the other color it would have taken 14-15 weeks as a rush order.  I'd say if you know what you want and you need to order it, give them minimum 4-6 months and you can always do the alterations if you lose more weight.  =)

#4 Kristy28

Kristy28
        • 160 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

I have heard it is best to give yourself 6-9 months. I am ordering my dress in the next week or so which leaves me about 9 months. I think it depends a lot on the designer as well.

Wedding booked for December 12, 2012 at the RIU Ocho Rio....cannot wait.....it will be the best day of our lives

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users