Has anyone had any pregnancy issues / health concerns / scares during pregnancy? I've shared my prior pregnancy stories in the loss thread, but I don't think I've talked about my scare(s) for this one.
If it's not already a given, this thread can get to be TMI, so read at your own risk. I don't like to filter too much and I like to share as truly as something happened, so...read at your own risk!
Obviously, given my history, I was super nervous about this pregnancy and I remember in the very beginning, maybe about 9 weeks? I had the day off of work and my sister and I were getting a pedicure and I used the bathroom before we left and there was blood. Not a lot like period blood, but it was def red blood which is considered the more dangerous kind (then brown). Luckily I was right down the road from my RE's office (RE = reproductive endocrinologist) and I called crying and they had me come right in. They were able to see that all was well with the pregnancy and that the bleeding was a result of the sac growing and it hit a blood vessel (or something). So the blood was just a temporary thing and all was well, but scary as hell!!! I think I bled for about 3 days? But always light and fresh blood.
I've had other complaints throughout the pregnancy, but so far nothing that's made me completely miserable. I'll list them.
- lower back ache - ever since my first surgery, I've had back problems and this pain hasn't let up yet this time
- insomnia - if you read the other threads, you know that I had a bad year last year and was already going through a lot. I was able to take sleeping pills to help with that but once I got pregnant, I had to stop taking them and I've only had a rare good nights sleep since. I take melatonin to help me sleep and I also tried a Bach flower essence remedy called "rescue sleep" and I think that helped me as well. I also have my husband sleep in the guest room sometimes so that I have less disruptions.
- pee, pee and more pee - I've always had a small bladder, but man, I wasn't ready for this! Most nights I pee at least every 2 hours and some nights once per hour. It's more often during the day too.
- pelvic pressure - this is a more recent development and maybe it will sound weird, but the way I verbalized it to my mom was "I feel like my vagina is falling out". The pressure is crazy and it's always worst when I first stand up and walk and as I move around it gets better.
- upper back pain - this is also a fairly new development and I'm assuming it has to do with the changes in the way that I walk/stand/sit b/c of the extra weight in my midsection. It's not terrible, but it's def there.
So far, I think that's all I have to share and like I said earlier, none of these "complaints" are really complaints, they are just observations about what's going on with my body. Ok, maybe the lack of sleep is a real complaint.