Photo

Best place for photo books and thank you cards in Canada?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 starrysim

starrysim
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

My wedding was 2 months ago, and I still haven't sent thank you's :(  I ordered from Shoppers Drug Mart because I liked their online design program, but the quality is soooo bad!  I ordered photo books from there too, and again the quality is very bad.  I'm afraid to order from anywhere else without some assurance of high quality products.  Any recommendations for me?  I don't care if it's online or in store, but I want the products to look good.  And a nice, flexible, online editor is definitely a plus.  Most of the online editors I've tried really aren't any good or flexible enough for what I want to do :(

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2 TropicLover

TropicLover
    • 293 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hey starrysim!

Sorry to hear about your bad Shoppers experience.  There are a lot of bad publishing companies out there.  I'm in Canada too, but whenever I've made a photo book I ALWAYS use http://www.mypublisher.com/ 

The company is based in New York so you may have to pay a bit of duty when it ships across the boarder, BUT the quality is amazing!  I work in marketing so my standards on anything printed are very high and I truly think My Publisher is your best option.

Good luck!

#3 TropicLover

TropicLover
      • 293 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

P.S. I highly recommend the Lay Flat pages and the Deluxe Hardcover size.

#4 joda

joda
        • 205 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

I agree about mypublisher, and also recommend them

#5 joda

joda
          • 205 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

Oh and I just want to mention that they have one of their sales on right now, and you get free pages and can save up to 70% off. If you have a lot of photos it is a great deal.

#6 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

I have used Blurb before for photo books and they always turn out amazing.

#7 starrysim

starrysim
            • 349 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by TropicLover 

Hey starrysim!

Sorry to hear about your bad Shoppers experience.  There are a lot of bad publishing companies out there.  I'm in Canada too, but whenever I've made a photo book I ALWAYS use http://www.mypublisher.com/ 

The company is based in New York so you may have to pay a bit of duty when it ships across the boarder, BUT the quality is amazing!  I work in marketing so my standards on anything printed are very high and I truly think My Publisher is your best option.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by joda 

Oh and I just want to mention that they have one of their sales on right now, and you get free pages and can save up to 70% off. If you have a lot of photos it is a great deal.

Thanks for the lead, will check them out!!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

I have used Blurb before for photo books and they always turn out amazing.

I've been looking around online, and Blurb seems to be my best option right now. 

I did contact Shoppers, and they don't seem to want to do anything about the craptastic quality.  Apparently they use Fuji, and they said they would have to talk to them.  It doesn't sound like they care at all about the quality and customer satisfaction.

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users