Photo

Help - Resort recommendation for large wedding in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 infinite

infinite
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hi everyone, I have been lurking here for a while and have gotten a lot of great tips and tricks when planning for our DW.  I am a rare Groom-to-be although my FI does check out this forum as well with my account.

We were originally going to have our wedding in the Mayan Riviera but due to some negative press and some uneasyness from our guests, we are reconsidering and have decided to choose a resort in Jamaica.

I would love some advice on possible resorts for our wedding.  Here are the criteria and details:

- 110-160 guests expected

- however, smaller boutique resort preferred - we don't want a mega-resort and would prefer sub-300/400 rooms as a maximum

- want a luxury resorts - a true 5-star or as close as possible - good food, decor/surroundings is important to us

- all inclusive is a must

- beautiful beach - whole reason for a DW for us is to get married on beach so that is important

- budget is approximately $300-450/room/night but would be willing to stretch that a bit if needed

- dec 06, 2012 wedding

Thanks in advance and appreciate any and all advice!

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hi, welcome to BDW!  Its always nice to have a groom on board.  I don't have suggestions myself, but I suggest you consult a travel agent if you haven't already.  

Our BDW Travel Agents. specialize in Destination weddings and can present you with options meeting the criteria you mentioned  I would copy and paste that list into an email and see what they suggest.  You can contact them HERE!

You've probably been here, but just in case:

Jamaica Wedding Resort Reviews

Happy planning!

#3 mrlddst

mrlddst
      • 222 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Congrats on your pending nuptials!! I was looking at this link on Oyster the other day.  Have you thought about Half Moon in Jamaica? 

Its done.....you can read my planning journal or the review...long over due.

http://www.bestdesti...ego-bay-jamaica

#4 infinite

infinite
        • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

thanks for the welcome and the resources.

we're definitely going to check out half moon now - resort looks great!

we're also considering iberostar rose hall suites and possibly the ritz carlton rose hall.

#5 infinite

infinite
          • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

we're also considering iberostar rose hall suites and possibly the ritz carlton rose hall.

#6 infinite

infinite
            • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

#7 Yardie

Yardie
              • Banned
              • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hi, you might also want to consider Moon Dance Villas or Cliffs, or Rock House Hotel, Tryall, or Round Hill.  These places would also be great for a wedding of your size.  Best wishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users