Photo

Any small weddings out there?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jules2012

jules2012
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

I am planning for a November wedding date and am inviting about 60 guests (including kids). I highly doubt any of them will go because of the cost. I'm estimating that we'll only have a total of 15-20 including us (if even that). I'm not sure how to plan for this. Should I get a preset package with the resort or get the minimum package and just add to it. Wondering what is more cost effective. I'd love to get a DJ but I feel like that would be silly with only 15 or so people. And the thought of going to the resort club and dancing with strangers in my wedding dress doesn't sound appealing. Ha! We are thinking of going with the new Paradisus La Esmeralda in PDC. They have packages that are a ceremony, 1 hour cocktail reception and either a sit down or buffet style dinner. It does feel anti-climatic to just get up and be done with the wedding after our dinner. Any thoughts?

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

I think a dinner/small reception of some kind is in order even if you have a handful of guests.  Determining the more cost effective option depends what resort you choose.  If you are set on the new Paradisus (which looks amazing btw) reach out to their wedding coordinator to see what your options are.  Have you sent out save the dates at all?  That may help you get a good preliminary head count because a lot of people will probably say they can't come right away. 

I also would want a private party after which you can crash the resort club if you want ;)  Happy planning!

#3 jules2012

jules2012
      • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for your input! We are going to the resort in 3 weeks to check it out. I'm stressed because I'm reading a lot of negative reviews. It almost seems like the more expensive the resort the worst service or the more they nickel and dime you. Oh well, I'm gonna let go, and just go with the flow!

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Oh good, well that's better than a lot of people do!  I'm sure you will get all your questions answered.  I hope they don't nickel and dime you because you're right, it happens.  Make sure to report back with the details of your site visit.  And have fun!

#5 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
          • 312 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

We are expecting the same number and are having a hard time deciding what do as well, So far we have decided to have dinner  with everyone on the beach. It's included in one of the packages barcelo offers and sound s beautiful with such a small group like ours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users