Photo

Caribbean Wedding-St. Thomas

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 olive0y1

olive0y1
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

Thank you! We're starting to look into the package the cruise provides, but will definitely also look into WCs outside :)

Originally Posted by acireta 

hey, sorry i didn't see this one yesterday!

We're getting married on Limetree Beach (Bluebeard's) and having a lunch for everyone at Iggie's Beach Bar at Bolongo Bay resort.

We're getting A LOT more for our money by going with Janelle, especially since we have about 22 people joining us! Plus Janelle is 4000x more responsive than the cruise wedding people, who have some of the worst reputations i've ever seen for responsiveness and having their sh!t together. Just my opinion about what I did to keep my sanity through this :-)

#12 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Welcome!!  Sounds like your wedding will be great!

#13 olive0y1

olive0y1
    • 202 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

Thank you!! I'm trying to get ahead of things ahead of time lol :)

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Welcome!!  Sounds like your wedding will be great!

#14 beachbunnybride

beachbunnybride
      • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

hi can you please tell me about your experience with janelle and why you choose her...im searching and like her prices...  

#15 acireta

acireta
        • Site Supporter
        • 750 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

Janelle originally went on my list of three planners to contact. One didn't respond, one basically told me I was too early and to call her in a few months, and Janelle was the sweetest, most responsive, most polite person to whom I spoke.

Throughout this process, she has been amazing to work with. If I send her a list of questions, she sends the list back with her answers in a different color underneath. No matter how trivial my question, she responds with thorough and clear answers, giving me all my options, and she doesn't work on "island time," the eternal excuse for delayed responses. I always recieve an answer to emails within 48 hours, unless there's a storm or a trip to the mainland, which she posts in advance on her facebook page.

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#16 olive0y1

olive0y1
          • 202 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

That's great to hear. As of now, I've narrowed down to comparing Island Bliss w/ Janelle and Perfect Weddings and I'm working w/ Celeste there.  Currently though, I feel like Janelle has a more "genuine" feel in regards to fees and payments and she doesn't so "businessy" and make it more of a personal connection. But I have yet to compare both along w/ the cruise line pros and cons. I'll keep you updated as well Beachbunnybride! :)

Originally Posted by acireta 

Janelle originally went on my list of three planners to contact. One didn't respond, one basically told me I was too early and to call her in a few months, and Janelle was the sweetest, most responsive, most polite person to whom I spoke.

Throughout this process, she has been amazing to work with. If I send her a list of questions, she sends the list back with her answers in a different color underneath. No matter how trivial my question, she responds with thorough and clear answers, giving me all my options, and she doesn't work on "island time," the eternal excuse for delayed responses. I always recieve an answer to emails within 48 hours, unless there's a storm or a trip to the mainland, which she posts in advance on her facebook page.

#17 beachbunnybride

beachbunnybride
            • 25 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

ive been looking at some of the all inclusives for next april (st. thomas) none of them are showing avaliablity is it possoable they are booked up a year ahead already?

#18 jessipeters

jessipeters
              • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

Wow, St. Thomas sounds amazing.  Happy planning.

#19 olive0y1

olive0y1
                • 202 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by beachbunnybride 

hi can you please tell me about your experience with janelle and why you choose her...im searching and like her prices...  

Sorry, I haven't been on here in a while. But as Erica stated, her email response time is quick and not only is she very helpful, but she's also knowledgeable with little details or questions you may have. I've asked millions of questions it seems, but she's answered every single one of them. :)

#20 olive0y1

olive0y1
                  • 202 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by jessipeters 

Wow, St. Thomas sounds amazing.  Happy planning.

Thank you! Almost less than 5 months to go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users