Photo

Anyone get salsa dancers??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cafuts01

cafuts01
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:21 AM

Hi!  We're getting married in Costa Rica in February and I found money in my budget to have salsa dancers come and teach a lesson and do a little performance to help inspire people.  I LOVE to salsa unfortunately I'm the only one I know in my circle that can...bummer.  Has anyone gotten salsa dancers to perform and teach at your wedding?  Was it a good idea?  When did you have them come out?  Trying to think of the best time to incorporate them timeline-wise.  Thanks!!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

The only performers I remember seeing where fire dancers, which looked SO cool in pictures.  I think hiring salsa dancers would be cool too, but I wonder if you should hire them to perform or teach?  I wouldn't be interesting in learning if I was at a wedding, but I love to watch people dance.  But that's just my opinion and I'm a horrible dancer so that's why I'd prefer to watch.

#3 cafuts01

cafuts01
      • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

I wanted them to perform and teach.  I think you're right.  If I was a guest I'd rather just get out there and dance rather than try to learn something new.  Plus drinking doesn't make you the most focused ;).  I think we'll get a photo booth instead.  Thanks for the feedback!

#4 Lindsay22

Lindsay22
        • Banned
        • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

We are going to do Fire Dancers for a little extra entertainment!!!

#5 cafuts01

cafuts01
          • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ooo exciting!

#6 sbg75

sbg75
            • 151 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:18 AM

I love the fire dancers idea. Shame about the salsa dancers - but I think you are right that you would only get a few people interested in learning and everyone else would just watch. Perhaps you should teach them how to salsa?!

#7 wallabymeisje

wallabymeisje
              • 152 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

did you check with your resort on what entertainers you can have salsa lessons seem like so much fun

#8 Bride2b15

Bride2b15
                • 151 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams riviera cancun mexico

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:38 AM

I would love salsa dancers brilliant idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users