Photo

Flower girls - Alternatives to tossing flower petals?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 redginger

redginger
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

Our flower girls will carry decorative white beach pails. Some of our flower girls would like to do something else besides tossing flower petals down the ceremony aisle. Do you have other ideas about they can toss? Thanks so much. 

#2 belledame

belledame
    • 195 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

How about confetti, glitter, blowing bubbles, craft jewels/crystals, candy, or simply just carrying a bouquet of flowers.

#3 elvirebaby

elvirebaby
      • Banned
      • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hello
        My name is Miss Elvire,i saw your profile today and after going through it, i fill more interested to contact you ,i will like you to please send me an email at my email address via (elvirebaby76@yahoo.com) for me to send you my pics and to tell you more about me. then from here we can move on.I will be waiting for your reply on my email address above.thanks
        Elvire .via(elvirebaby76@yahoo.com)

#4 redginger

redginger
        • 360 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

Blowing bubbles is such a cute idea, but I already got the white beach pails. Our flowergirls love the pails, but want to throw something else besides petals.

Originally Posted by belledame 

How about confetti, glitter, blowing bubbles, craft jewels/crystals, candy, or simply just carrying a bouquet of flowers.

#5 ORBeachbride

ORBeachbride
          • 59 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:26 PM

I have seen some pics of the flower girl and ring bearer carrying a banner that says "Here comes the Bride!" which I think is a really cute idea that I am going to steal.

#6 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

What about starfish?? I seen that done before and it was really cute!

#7 Allie2012

Allie2012
            • 194 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hey Redginger, I don't know where you are getting married but keep in mind that most resorts will not allow you to "toss" anything that is not natural for obvious environmental reasons. There have been some brides on here who purchased fakes flower petals and they were not allowed to use them. So whatever you decide on it's probably a good idea to check with your resort first :)

Originally Posted by redginger 

Our flower girls will carry decorative white beach pails. Some of our flower girls would like to do something else besides tossing flower petals down the ceremony aisle. Do you have other ideas about they can toss? Thanks so much. 

#8 belledame

belledame
              • 195 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:03 AM

OMG.....that is a super cute idea!!

Originally Posted by ORBeachbride 

I have seen some pics of the flower girl and ring bearer carrying a banner that says "Here comes the Bride!" which I think is a really cute idea that I am going to steal.

#9 redginger

redginger
                • 360 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:13 AM

That is very cute...hmm, maybe I can have my nephews carry the sign :-)

Originally Posted by ORBeachbride 

#10 redginger

redginger
                  • 360 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

One of my nieces had suggested throwing tiny starfish, but I'm worried that they may accidentally poke someone's eyes. I'm going barefoot down the aisle, so I would be stepping on them!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

What about starfish?? I seen that done before and it was really cute!

SUBMIT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users