Last name on invitation ??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kymish

• 163 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

I hoping this is the right place to post this.. i looked around forums and didnt see this anywhere else.

So i'm not very close with my side of the family, see them maybe once a year (and we only live a few hours apart) and that's only if i go to their house. Ever since i can remember i just been going by my first an middle name (moved out when i was 16) so i was woundering would it be rude for me not to put my last name on the wedding invitation and just have it as Kimberley Lisa almost everything i sign my name for and have my name posted for (ie:facebook) is signed kimberley lisa...and my parents aren't even attending the wedding.. looking for some suggesions or feedback of what u ladies think !

#2 heavenone

• 169 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

The invitation isn't a legal document. It's your wedding and your invitation so do want you want and is true to you. People may not even notice it. You could also consider, if FH wanted, to leave his last name off too. 

#3 kymish

• 163 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

yea thats what i was thinking as well.. i ran it by my sister (my moh) and she literally flipped out.. which makes no sense since we always had different last names growing up and neither of us really converse with our parents..but what can u do.. cant always make everyone happy lol

#4 JPenny

• 102 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

I actually recently received an invitation just like you are describing. My friends situation is very similar to yours and she just used her first and middle name. I actually didn't even notice for quite a while because that's what she goes by.

#5 LisaMatterni

• 718 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

It doesn't matter much if you don't put your last name on the invitation. Since sooner or later it will be changed. :)

#6 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

Its your wedding, do whatever you want.  We didn't even put last names on our invitations, only first names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users