San Francisco Newbie...yay!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lande8

• 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hi all!

I've been "lurking" on this site for a couple months now, and finally feel like I have enough information to officially introduce myself.  Plus I want to get rid of that crazy "lurker" label lol.

I'm Leslie from San Francisco.  We are just starting to plan our DW in Punta Cana, DR.  We have a date and a venue, and that's about it.  We are getting married on March 1, 2013 at the Jellyfish Restaurant.  Sooo excited!  

I haven't seen many other brides who are from the West coast and planning a Punta Cana wedding.  Seems like more of an East coast spot, which I guess makes sense proximity-wise.  My FI and I chose that location because I'm from CA, and he's from DC, so it's a good place for our families to come together on neutral ground.  Plus, it's gorgeous!  

I never thought I would be the type of person to start planning my wedding 16 months in advance...but then I found this forum and kinda went crazy lol.  There is SO much information on here that has been SO helpful already.  I'm going to take a short break from planning (ha, we'll see how long that lasts) but will resume my research after the holidays...

Until then, happy planning everyone!

#2 canadacabo

• 16 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

16 months is a LOT of time to start getting things ready for your wedding, and it will go by REALLY fast!  :)

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:43 PM

welcome Leslie...there are alot of us bay area gals on here.  I was in the city but now in marin.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:54 PM

Welcome to BestDestinationWedding.com

Here are some links and tips that might make your time here on BDW more enjoyable.
        If you have not done so, you may want to:
        • complete your profile (upload a photo, add profile details, etc.)
        • visit the Newbies forum and introduce yourself
        • find the forum for your wedding destination and create a subscription to threads/members/vendors that you are interested in

Here are some links that may be helpful to you:

Here are some BDW members and staff you should follow:
        Moderators and Community Leaders
        If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email advertise@bestdestinationwedding.com.
        Hope you enjoy your time here.

#5 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,073 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! Have fun in Punta Cana!!!

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#6 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

Welcome!!  Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users