November 2012 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#131 Adesir8

Adesir8
  • Site Supporter
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

oh the joys of planning a wedding: Just got word from the best man that he will NOT be attending the wedding as he can't afford it. This is only after my FI sent a reminder text to his guys reminding them that deposits are due this week.  On one hand i'm understanding...cause I get it, not everyone can afford to go. on the other, i'm FUMING because he's known about this for sooooo long! it's like, why haven't you planned accordingly. and when were you going to tell us??? 

its funny, but I've been expecting for someone out of the bridal party to do this, but definitely didn't expect it to be him. 

on a brighter note, i've seen a draft of our invites and am picking the colors tonight. so hopefully these will be printed out within the week. woop woop. some progress! 

#132 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

oh good grief!!! that's a bummer. how is your FI taking it?? 

YAY for invites & choosing colors! 

Originally Posted by Adesir8 

oh the joys of planning a wedding: Just got word from the best man that he will NOT be attending the wedding as he can't afford it. This is only after my FI sent a reminder text to his guys reminding them that deposits are due this week.  On one hand i'm understanding...cause I get it, not everyone can afford to go. on the other, i'm FUMING because he's known about this for sooooo long! it's like, why haven't you planned accordingly. and when were you going to tell us??? 

its funny, but I've been expecting for someone out of the bridal party to do this, but definitely didn't expect it to be him. 

on a brighter note, i've seen a draft of our invites and am picking the colors tonight. so hopefully these will be printed out within the week. woop woop. some progress! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#133 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the best man.  That is so inconsiderate...sometime I don't think guys think at all, lol.

#134 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

I ordered the guys tie's and ordered samples of paper for my boarding pass invitations- 2 things to check off the list! :)

#135 AllieH

AllieH
    • 2,014 posts
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

check, and check!! 

Originally Posted by shan0487 

I ordered the guys tie's and ordered samples of paper for my boarding pass invitations- 2 things to check off the list! :)

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#136 Adesir8

Adesir8
    • Site Supporter
    • 108 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the best man.  That is so inconsiderate...sometime I don't think guys think at all, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllieH 

oh good grief!!! that's a bummer. how is your FI taking it?? 

YAY for invites & choosing colors! 

thanks for the support ladies! FI is cool about it. After a day of being annoyed, we're kind of over it now. lol gotta move on...much more imp things to take care of...like scheduling my massage for the day before the wedding! hehe

good job shan0487 on checking those off!

#137 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

glad to hear girl! :)

OOoh, massage..nice- at the resort?  I want us to get a couple's one, but I'm not sure if I want it before or after the wedding...decisions decisions...:)

Quote:

thanks for the support ladies! FI is cool about it. After a day of being annoyed, we're kind of over it now. lol gotta move on...much more imp things to take care of...like scheduling my massage for the day before the wedding! hehe

good job shan0487 on checking those off!

#138 Adesir8

Adesir8
      • Site Supporter
      • 108 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

OOoh, massage..nice- at the resort?  I want us to get a couple's one, but I'm not sure if I want it before or after the wedding...decisions decisions...:)

doing both; before and after! lol why not

#139 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

jealous!!! :)

doing both; before and after! lol why not

#140 AllieH

AllieH
        • 2,014 posts
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

My invites are out and many of our guests have already received them. Even have 1 RSVP back from a friend who's even more OCD than I am lol 

Today I'm working on the Tears of Joy packets for the ceremony. My ink is running and it's driving me crazy! 

what are you guys up to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users