Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides?

Hi everyone,

I am getting married at ERC on July 5th! I just wanted to say hello and that I have been reading through the posts which have been super helpful!!

I am having my ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour on the pier, and the reception in foyer.  I noticed that many brides have said the foyer is very hot so I was wondering if any brides had a good experience in the foyer?  I am not sure if I should change the reception location to Barcelona now.

Also many of you mentioned that you are bringing the linens with you and I was wondering if you could share the websites you're purchasing them/renting them from.

Thanks so much!

Mayerlis

Originally Posted by Mayerlis View Post

Hi everyone,

I am getting married at ERC on July 5th! I just wanted to say hello and that I have been reading through the posts which have been super helpful!!

I am having my ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour on the pier, and the reception in foyer.  I noticed that many brides have said the foyer is very hot so I was wondering if any brides had a good experience in the foyer?  I am not sure if I should change the reception location to Barcelona now.

Also many of you mentioned that you are bringing the linens with you and I was wondering if you could share the websites you're purchasing them/renting them from.

Thanks so much!

Mayerlis

I am getting married July 6th!  We will be there at the same time!  I am wondering the same about linens!  It is way expensive to purchase them down there.  I have heard that the foyer is super hot but haven't experienced it ourselves.  I am doing it at Barcelona, however, the foyer looks much prettier.  Barcelona is where everyone eats buffet everyday.  I'm hoping we can decorate it a lot but at least it's air conditioned!  Good luck with everything! :)

Congrats!  I'm having mine in Barcelona as well.  I asked Gloria her honest opinion and she said it is very hot and humid in July and people would be more comfortable in Barcelona.  I guess it may matter if you're having a DJ etc.  If not people may not mind sitting in the foyer because they won't be dancing etc. 

I second KayLynn, the foyer is much more beautiful and it does bother me that Barcelona is where people have buffet but I made the decision for people to dance vs the beauty.  I wish I could have both though!!!  ;)

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much!

Mayerlis

Hey Girls,

Here are a few sites I've found that have great deals on linens.

http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/tablecloths-Table-Linens-Chair-Covers-Sashes-s/5.htm

http://www.linentablecloth.com/

http://www.nextag.com/linen-napkins-sale/products-html

http://www.tablelinensforless.com/catalog/premium-cloth-napkins-p-6407.html

http://weddinglinensdirect.com/

The only thing is I'm trying to find some napkins that aren't satin and shiny, and I'm having difficulty with that. I may just make them but if you find some, let me know.

Mayerlis I have heard the foyer is very hot in the summer, but the girls who had their receptions there seemed to have an awesome time. I think Bondgirl had hers there, so maybe find her posts and read them or PM her.

Thanks for sharing the sites for the linens!!  If I happen to find a site with napkins that aren't shiny, I will definitely share.

As far as the Foyer, were you told that people wouldn't have room to dance.  I see many of you are working with Gloria.  I am working Mayla and I am hiring a DJ but she didn't mention anything about the space or not having room to dance. 

Thanks for sharing the sites for the linens!!  If I happen to find a site with napkins that aren't shiny, I will definitely share.

As far as the Foyer, were you told that people wouldn't have room to dance.  I see many of you are working with Gloria.  I am working Mayla and I am hiring a DJ but she didn't mention anything about the space or not having room to dance. 

I think people will have room to dance. I've seen pictures of past weddings in there and people are dancing on what looks like a designated dance floor. How many guests will you have?

I believe people have room to dance.  I only mentioned choosing Barcelona for dancing because people wouldn't be as sweaty and may be more likely to dance in AC.  :)  I think the foyer is plenty large for dancing etc.  It looks amazing and I hear it overlooks the water!

My dress is lace.  It's strapless and light, but I'm more worried about my face being sweaty...a consultant at the bridal boutique where I bought my dress said some brides freeze those gel bra pads and wear them so that their bodies don't get too hot...I'll have to look into that.

"Las Olas" is like a little tiki hut covering over next to the wedding gazebo on the beach.  We're doing cocktail hour there instead of the pier because I heard the pier was windy, and I thought the cover could provide some nice shade should people want it.