• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kks2012

kks2012
  • Site Supporter
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hello Ladies,

I'm in the process of planning my invitations. I'm thinking about doing a boarding pass DIY project. What should be included in them? what are the must haves?

Thanks

#2 acireta

acireta
    • Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:45 AM

I think you could do any info that works for your situation. I just finished mine and am about to post about them, but I did six passes.

1. formal invite

2. ports of call

3. wedding events - cocktail parties, bachelor/ette parties, girls luncheon

4. booking and TA info

5. RSVP info

6. AHR info

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:52 PM

If you are custom making your invites, you can include pretty much anything that you want.  I would do a search and look at a few different ones and see how you feel about them.  I think there is one thread that used to contain them all, so I'll look for it and post back...

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:04 PM

Here is the thread I was talking about - http://www.bestdesti...pass-std-thread.  It hasn't been updated in a long time b/c Anny doesn't come around much anymore, but it's still got some great info and links to a ton of boarding pass threads.

#5 kks2012

kks2012
          • Site Supporter
          • 241 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Acireta and Carly, I appreciate your help. I was asking about cruising invite specifically but I will do some more searching. Thanks again.

#6 acireta

acireta
            • Site Supporter
            • 750 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

ours is a cruise wedding too, so I'm definitely including some info about ports of call. What interests you most about the cruise/wedding? Include that info on your invites because I would think your guests would want that info too! :-)

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#7 mrswilson2012

mrswilson2012
              • 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:40 PM

I also plan on doing DIY invitations for our cruise wedding. Great ideas!

#8 edmondk1

edmondk1
                • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

DIY Boarding Passes- There is a Etsy seller that will do the boarding pass invitation,RSVP and STD Postcards in any color with your wording then send it to you in PDF so you can print them yourself for about $20.

My Boarding Pass will include:

pg 1- Save the Date/Invitation

pg 2- Cruise details: ship name, travel dates, transportation information to include shuttle cost (airport to port) and general stateroom cost.

pg 3- RSVP card (still debating)

I would like to have my guest wear white to dinner the second day of cruise (our Freeport stop) but am unsure when or how to relay that information.  Thought about website but with my older family with no computers may not get this information.

#9 kks2012

kks2012
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 241 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Some brides send out a brochure to give people more detailed information with days and times. For Carnival they don't give your actual wedding time until 2 weeks before the cruise so that might be an option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users