Photo

2013 Melia Caribe Tropical Brides

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 tania23

tania23
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

[quote name="sillafeliz" url="/t/76449/2013-melia-caribe-tropical-brides/60#post_1885055"]Do any of you have a map of the Melia?? Please PM me if you have a copy that I can include in my welcome package. Thanks.   You should goin the melia caribe tropical brides page on Facebook . Lots of information on there :)

#82 meliabride2014

meliabride2014
    • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Does anyone have a sample " passport style " wedding invitation for Melia Caribe resort ?

thank you

#83 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
      • 438 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by tania23 

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sillafeliz 

Do any of you have a map of the Melia?? Please PM me if you have a copy that I can include in my welcome package. Thanks.

You should goin the melia caribe tropical brides page on Facebook . Lots of information on there :)

There is a map on the back of our welcome letter

Attached Files

#84 sillafeliz

sillafeliz
        • 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm not at 150 posts yet...but I did manage to get a large sized file from the resort, so we have a nice big one we're including in our welcome package as well! :)

#85 ggarces717

ggarces717
          • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I am doin the symbolic ceremony at the Melia on November 16, 2013 but doing my reception at the Jellyfish restaurant....I am having an issue within the photography. The Melia apparently has a contract with Arrecife Studio but I found a better deal with another company BUT Melia charges you a fee of $1000 to use another company!!! That is just ridiculous...has any one else had any issues or suggestions...

#86 ggarces717

ggarces717
            • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I am getting married at the Melia on November 16, 2013 but just doing the symbolic ceremony there and the reception at the Jellyfish Restaurant. I am having difficulty w the photographer situation. Apparently melia has a contract w Arrecife studio but I found a better deal w an outside company...yet Melia would charge me $1000 to use someone other than Arrecife!!! That is just ridiculous....anyone having any issues w the same thing or any other suggestions :/...??

#87 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
              • 438 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

We paid the $1,000 copyright fee :( but maybe if you use their provider and your outside vendor they might waive the fee it doesn't hurt to ask...

#88 ggarces717

ggarces717
                • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

That fee is crazy...I did contact the WC and was told my other option was to book a three nights stay for the photographer...I feel like its a scam

#89 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
                  • 438 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

Unfortunately this is a common practice in the Dominican Republic, even well know American Brand Hotels (i.e. Hard Rock) charge a copyright fee for an outside photogrpher.  It is upseting :( I guess if you don't want to pay the fee you can have your whole wedding at Jellyfish, but there is not a dressing room there. Money grabbing practice, maybe you can tell her that due to the fee your are considering moving your ceremony to the Jellyfish unless the fee can be discounted.  That might help them change their mind..... Good Luck!  

#90 Gladis

Gladis
                    • 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

I am getting married at the Melia on November 16, 2013 but just doing the symbolic ceremony there and the reception at the Jellyfish Restaurant. I am having difficulty w the photographer situation. Apparently melia has a contract w Arrecife studio but I found a better deal w an outside company...yet Melia would charge me $1000 to use someone other than Arrecife!!! That is just ridiculous....anyone having any issues w the same thing or any other suggestions :/...??

Hi sweetie I'm getting married Nov. 27 at Melia and my sisters wedding was also there and it was just AMAZING ;))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users