Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
txbride

ROR Jamaica 2012 Brides

Recommended Posts

I am getting married on 1st December which is sooooo long away! I have couple of questions maybe some of you girls might know. I am doing semi private dinner and then thinking beach reception but because its a Saturday night I read somewhere that they have beach party/bonfire night every Sat anyway so would this make a difference?I am guessing there be a DJ at that already who might play a song or two for us. Also how long is the ceremony and how much was the registrar/minister fee? Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am getting married on 1st December which is sooooo long away! I have couple of questions maybe some of you girls might know. I am doing semi private dinner and then thinking beach reception but because its a Saturday night I read somewhere that they have beach party/bonfire night every Sat anyway so would this make a difference?I am guessing there be a DJ at that already who might play a song or two for us. Also how long is the ceremony and how much was the registrar/minister fee? Thanks!!
Congrats to you and December 1st before you know it! I actually stayed at the resort in November and the beach party is on Saturday. But I really can't say if it'll make a difference. You can email Keisha, the wedding coordinator, and I'm sure she'll be able to answer much better, unless there is a past ROR bride that can answer this question. Keisha's email address is: mice.ori@riu.com I'm doing a semi-private dinner as well and may do a reception at the nightclub. Good luck and if I find out anything pertaining to the beach reception I'll let you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Has anyone else had problems communication with Tai Flora? Iâ€ve been going back and forth with them since November…it takes almost a month to get a response back from them and then they donâ€t actually even read my emails they just answer blindly. Itâ€s extremely frustrating! [/quote Woo hoo! You must be super excited; I know I am for you :-) Your big day is actually 5 days before my bday! I haven't gotten in touch with Tai Floral as yet but now it looks like I should start from now. I hope you have much better response time from them especially now that your wedding is in about 2.5 months!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tia - Did you ever get a quote from Tai? I was really happy with the quote from Jan's Flowers just not sure if it's a huge difference and worth the extra $350 vendor fee
 

Originally Posted by Tia529 View Post

Yes!  It took forever for them to respond.  I ended up choosing Jan's Flowers.



 

Blujaye, yay for your birthday! I would suggest you try and get on them as soon as possible. I thought I had a lot of time but now it's sneaking up fast!!

To make things even more ironic...I just noticed your wedding day is October 6th! That's my birthday lol!! 
 

Originally Posted by Blujaye View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Newsham View Post

Has anyone else had problems communication with Tai Flora? Iâ€ve been going back and forth with them since November…it takes almost a month to get a response back from them and then they donâ€t actually even read my emails they just answer blindly. Itâ€s extremely frustrating!
[/quote
Woo hoo! You must be super excited; I know I am for you :-)
Your big day is actually 5 days before my bday!
I haven't gotten in touch with Tai Floral as yet but now it looks like I should start from now. I hope you have much better response time from them especially now that your wedding is in about 2.5 months!


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got this email from Keisha, the wedding coordinator...she informed me...

 

For private dinners it is $55 per person

$500 set up fee

The lights around the pool side reception are an additional $490
>> the chair covers and ribbons are $11 per chair The system rental
>> without a dj is $150 per hour.

 

It's really adding up :(

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Thanks, Iâ€ve now decided to go with Janâ€s Flowers. They have been super helpful and Iâ€m really happy with their choices.

 

Iâ€m kind of torn on what to do…our ceremony is at 1pm, followed by a cocktail reception. Then we have dinner at 6:30 – 8:30. We wanted to go to the disco later but it doesnâ€t open until 11:00pm. Thinking we should have a Bonfire after dinner… does anyone know anything about the bonfire?

 

Also wondering if anyone knows any more details about the beach party on Saturday night? Time, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for the tip and I'll be sending them an email shortly as well as Jan's Flowers as it seems you received a much better response time from them. I'm not too sure if I missed it somewhere but would I be able to have Jan's email address?

 

Are you using them for your floral arrangement for ceremony and reception? I'm just curious do they set everything up or will this have to be done by a family member/friend?

 

I think our wedding date is going to be a very lucky one! You're I believe the 3rd person who's birthday is that date or it's their anniversary!

Originally Posted by Lauren Newsham View Post

Tia - Did you ever get a quote from Tai? I was really happy with the quote from Jan's Flowers just not sure if it's a huge difference and worth the extra $350 vendor fee
 



 

Blujaye, yay for your birthday! I would suggest you try and get on them as soon as possible. I thought I had a lot of time but now it's sneaking up fast!!

To make things even more ironic...I just noticed your wedding day is October 6th! That's my birthday lol!! 
 



 



 To answer you question, I was just at this resort in November and the beach party started around 8pm on the Saturday and I'm guessing this still hasn't changed. Now I don't know the exact time it ended but when we were heading back to our room around 1030 or so, the party was still happening!  It was a lot of fun. The use the beach chairs for seating and circled it around. They had dance competition, games for men and women, they even got the little kids involved which was nice and at the end, the entertainment staff had the guest doing the limbo dance! I hope this helps!



Originally Posted by Lauren Newsham View Post

 

Thanks, Iâ€ve now decided to go with Janâ€s Flowers. They have been super helpful and Iâ€m really happy with their choices.

 

Iâ€m kind of torn on what to do…our ceremony is at 1pm, followed by a cocktail reception. Then we have dinner at 6:30 – 8:30. We wanted to go to the disco later but it doesnâ€t open until 11:00pm. Thinking we should have a Bonfire after dinner… does anyone know anything about the bonfire?

 

Also wondering if anyone knows any more details about the beach party on Saturday night? Time, etc.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×