Photo

Hard Rock Hotel Punta Cana Brides 2012-2013!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 lsustef

lsustef
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hi!  The do not let you use your credits for hair and make up.  They changed the policy in March.  I was lucky to be able to use mine since I had booked before March 1st...but that was a fight for them to let me do it.  It took me getting annoyed for them to cave. 

#42 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
    • 211 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Hello Brides, I have a quick question for those of you who have already gotten married. How did you transport your wedding dress? Does the HR allow you to have your gown shippped directly to the resort? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

April 12, 2014

#43 RexandKia

RexandKia
      • Site Supporter
      • 25 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

No, actually they do not allow you to ship anything directly to the resort (customs and all). They don't want you to hold them responsible if something doesn't make it through customs. I've heard of brides carrying their dress on the plane and putting it in the first class section. We were married in Dec.2012 at HRPC. I brought my dress in one of those carry-on bags made for a suit (a rolling suit bag). It folded up nicely and I was able to have it with me the entire trip without worrying about it being damaged/squashed in the overhead compartment or first class. My MOH brought a portable steamer and we just steamed out any wrinkles that the bag may have made. This was the less stressful option for me. Hope this helps!

Kia

#44 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
        • 211 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by RexandKia 

No, actually they do not allow you to ship anything directly to the resort (customs and all). They don't want you to hold them responsible if something doesn't make it through customs. I've heard of brides carrying their dress on the plane and putting it in the first class section. We were married in Dec.2012 at HRPC. I brought my dress in one of those carry-on bags made for a suit (a rolling suit bag). It folded up nicely and I was able to have it with me the entire trip without worrying about it being damaged/squashed in the overhead compartment or first class. My MOH brought a portable steamer and we just steamed out any wrinkles that the bag may have made. This was the less stressful option for me. Hope this helps!

Kia

Thank you so much.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#45 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
          • 211 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Are there any 2012 or early 2013 brides who have used HR's on-site photographer? If so, are you able to post any images? I am trying to decide if I will use HR's photographer or contract with any outside photographer. Any help offered would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#46 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Congrats to all you new brides!!

I was married in 2012 at Sun palace and we stayed at moon palace with our group of 40 people! 

I'm considering coordinating a "reunion" trip with the group for 2014 and wanted to try somewhere else- has anyone been to Moon Palace and HRPC and can compare the two?  We loved Moon and have never been to the DR or anywhere in the caribbean before either! Only Mexico.

Thanks for any insight! :)

Shanna

#47 lsustef

lsustef
            • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

Honestly, we met with them only because we felt obligated (I had already booked Katya Nova....worth EVERY penny)  For what they were charging for so little pictures and time, it was crazy.  We got over 4 hours of coverage and over 600 pictures for double what they were charging for 50 pictures and they took no time.  The poor wedding after ours the photographer was over and done with them while we were still taking pictures an hour later. 

#48 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
              • 211 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lsustef 

Honestly, we met with them only because we felt obligated (I had already booked Katya Nova....worth EVERY penny)  For what they were charging for so little pictures and time, it was crazy.  We got over 4 hours of coverage and over 600 pictures for double what they were charging for 50 pictures and they took no time.  The poor wedding after ours the photographer was over and done with them while we were still taking pictures an hour later. 

Thank you, that was helpful. I will look into other photographers and Katya Nova.

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

#49 lsustef

lsustef
                • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

No problem.  Here is the link to our pictures: http://www.katyanova...nt-stef-donnie/

#50 TuffLuv

TuffLuv
                  • 211 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

Your pictures were truly beautiful

Tuff Luv

Reese & Kandie

Hard Rock

April 12, 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users