Photo

I've had it with feeling like I'm planning this by myself!!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JulieRose

JulieRose
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hey, I'm Julie.  I've actually been lurking on and off for some time now but never posted before.  I already see a few names I know from some other forums so you may already know me.  My FI and I are getting married at sea somewhere in the western carribean aboard Princess Cruise Line's Crown Princess on April 15, 2012. 

For awhile it seemed like I was getting enough information from just reading the posts of others and not getting involved but recently there's been a lot of drama surrounding our wedding and it will be good to have a new sounding board for ideas.  My mother lives 1000 miles away I was recently told that there will not be a wedding party (no, I did not decide this.  The girl who was supposed to be my MOH did) so I'm feeling like I'm doing it all pretty much by myself with the occasional "I like that one" from the fiance when I hold up 2 invitations or a few favors for him to choose from.  (He's so easy going I could plan whatever I wanted and he would be happy.)  I'm not looking forward to going makeup shopping and to dress fittings and whatever other girly stuff will come up between now and then on my own but maybe having a bunch of ladies who are in similar positions to talk to will make it feel less lonely.

wow...  That was a downer, huh?  lol.

Anyway, "Hi!"  (sorry, couldn't resist the dancing bunny...)

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

Welcome to BDW!  Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.     Here are some links that may be helpful to you:   Best Destination Wedding Forum FAQ Best Destination Wedding Forum Rules and Etiquette Downloading Attachments   Hope you enjoy your time here.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 acireta

acireta
    • Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Hey JulieRose, I'm on CC with you also. Sorry you're feeling like this. I know it's hard. My bridesmaids are 800 miles away and won't be involved with anything either. But maybe that might make it a bit easier? Less opinions to hear? :-)

Check out this thread for the April 2012 brides: http://www.bestdesti...pril-2012-bride Maybe it'll give you some girls to chat with about ideas...

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

Congratulations Julie and welcome to the forums!

Best of luck planinng it all yourself... maybe a blessing in disguise? Make it that way!

Have fun.

Linkn

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 emstypes

emstypes
        • 243 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

Congrats and I feel your stress!  Btw, I'm getting married the day before you!  Good choice!  :)

#6 bmont

bmont
          • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

Hi Julie,

That sounds awful!! No one wants to feel alone in their planning- especially with a destination wedding I think. Have you thought of hiring a planner to help you? Sounds like it may be of benefit to you? We're using Luxe and I have found them very helpful- and I have 3 bridesmaids!! Maybe I agree with moments... sometimes it is best that the decisions made are yours and that friends aren't stressing you out :) Up until this weekend- I was super stressed!!!

#7 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I actually relished in planning the wedding myself, most of the time anyway.  I'm sorry MOH flaked and that you are feeling stressed that you'll be doing it alone, but you have hundreds+ here who are willing to help!

#8 JulieRose

JulieRose
              • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

Thanks everybody. It's been about 2 weeks since this post and I'm pretty well over it. My fh really stepped up and started getting more involved. He's agreed to help with invite assembly and even making those dreaded calls to people who can't be bothered to RSVP. He went from very "yes dear" to actually voicing his opinions which is good. (He even made the final decision on the invite and it's perfect!) As for the MOH- she's respected my wishes and not tried to contact me. I still don't think she understands that it wasn't the backing out that bothered me as much as it was the tactless way she did it. A mutual friend tried to explain it to her but who knows if it got through. Either way, I'm done with her and it's been less stress ever since.

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

I'm so glad you are feeling less stress regarding MOH.  And yay to hubbie stepping up!!

#10 JayKay

JayKay
                  • 3,472 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

Welcome!  I'm glad he has started helping out, it really does make a difference!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users