Photo

What is everyone doing for Gifts for Parents?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

Hi All,

I have just stumbled onto the fact that there are people buying gifts for Parents and In Laws.  This thought didn't even occur to me, maybe I'm dense...but they are getting OOT bags like everyone else, and I know we will give each set a framed picture from the wedding, but should we be doing something more?

Thanks,

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

This is something we really contemplated.  It is tradition to give the parents and in laws gifts at weddings, same as the wedding party.  For our wedding party we paid for their attire, shoes, and accessories as our gift to them.  They will be getting OOT bags.  The parents and in laws will be getting OOT bags as well.  Rather then getting them something else before the wedding we have told them we will be making an album (either from shutterfly or a site like that) for them of all our wedding pictures, rather then spending money on something else they wont use/dont need.

Originally Posted by FutureMrsDawson 

Hi All,

I have just stumbled onto the fact that there are people buying gifts for Parents and In Laws.  This thought didn't even occur to me, maybe I'm dense...but they are getting OOT bags like everyone else, and I know we will give each set a framed picture from the wedding, but should we be doing something more?

Thanks,

#3 WeddingMay

WeddingMay
    • 208 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

I like the idea of creating a nice photo book!

Married! May 13 2012!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users