Photo

Just Booked My Cabo Photographer!~Marcel Kaiser of Glez Photography

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kary

kary
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

I am so excited!! I just booked my photographer for my 5-12-12 wedding @ the Riu Palace!  I seriously must have looked at 25 photographers, and it feels good to have made a decision.   I understand that he is not really listed very much on this blog, but he was very responsive, and very reasonable in price so I have a good feeling about him.  I did see he was a photographer several times at the Dreams Resort, so if you have a review of him, I would really appreciate any feedback. 

Happy Planning!

#2 leahnv

leahnv
    • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hello congrats in your wedding ...I don't habeas info on what u need but I'm also wanting a wedding in cabos and was looking into riu ...what package did u get? U doing a reception? You must be very excited :)

#3 kary

kary
      • 186 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

Hi Leahnv!

Congrats on your engagement!

I am going with the Royal Package. Our wedding is @ 4:00...Yes I am getting really excited!  So far we have booked:

-The hotel

-Hair and Make up with Suzanne Morel

-Photo with Glez Photography

The only problem with the RIU is that they don't contact you until 2 months before to see where/what time you want your reception.  We will probably end up going with a private event at one of the resturants. 

If you want info, the wedding coordinators have been great so far.  I can also try to answer questions you may have since I have been planning for awhile.

#4 proti007

proti007
        • 467 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

Congrats! Not sure if you've already made a deposit for this or not, but I would seriously suggest booking hair/makeup with Neysa Berman. From the reviews I've read and pictures I've seen of Suzanne Morel, her style is a bit dated, and many have had communication issues with her and her staff. You can take a look here for photos of what Neysa has done (my photos are on the last page!).

http://www.bestdesti...ew-neysa-berman

Natalie

#5 brittmcfarlin

brittmcfarlin
          • 164 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Kary, Congrats on finding your photog!  I too am a to-be Riu Palace bride, June 22, 2012.

Leahnv, Congrats and welcome!  If you're looking into a DW, this site is perfect!  Everyone on here is so helpful.  You can find an answer to just about any wedding question you have.

Good luck and happy planning to you both :)

#6 leahnv

leahnv
            • 15 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

Thanks to everyone I'm also looking into sunset monalisa for the reception part ...I fell in love with there view but I'm trying tpo figure how expensive it is ...can go beyond my budget :/

#7 mishele81

mishele81
              • 202 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hey Kari,

I too, am still trying to figure out a photographer, I think I may look into Glez as well. I like his style. I really really really want Cinematic touch to do our wedding videography but am having a very hard time convincing fiance ( extremely $$$$ ) but  I keep telling him its the one thing that matters the most to me because some of our close fam and friends will not be able to make it and  I  would love to have a keepsake from our day - especially because so many brides say that your day flies by and you miss and forget some of things that happen.

I will still try to convince him. If anyone has any advice on what to say to him, please help!!! :)

Leahnv, I have looked into the Monalisa as well when I first got engaged and it was WAY out of our price range, its a beautiful spot though if you decide to go with it.

Kari, I also booked Suzanne Morel, I don't think you have anything to worry about , I have seen many previous brides pictures and they always look fab!  Everyone is entitled to their tastes !    Keep in touch!! Have you decided what you are doing for centrepieces or are you purchasing the flowers from the RIu once you get there?

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas - April 17, 2012 - 52 booked

#8 leahnv

leahnv
                • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Hello mishele81 I strongly advice you to get a good photographer and videographer. It's a moment we all want to have as a memory and share it with our loved ones and next generation ..kids ect hehe. So many friends and family I've talked to regret not having put morr money towards it since some don't have that good photos or videos tpo go back to. Tell him how much it means to you to have a good video to look back to and if its way outta ur budget maybe you can cut off o± something else. Good luck best wishes ...I hope you convince him

#9 mishele81

mishele81
                  • 202 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

Hey Leahnv, I convinced him!! Yay! I am so excited !! I just contacted them this morning to put down my deposit ! How is your wedding planning going? Did you decide on the Sunset Mona Lisa? if so how is the planning going? how many bridesmaids are you having? What are your colors?

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas - April 17, 2012 - 52 booked

#10 leahnv

leahnv
                    • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi mishele81, That's great!! I saw there work online and there great. Your wedding video and everything else is gonna be beautiful!. We've set on SDML yay! I will have 7 bridesmaid and colors I'm not entirely convinced I'm in between a white wedding or a soft pink peach and gold. What about you ? Also what's the pricing on cinematic touch? I think I might want them too haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users