1378 replies to this topic

#871 Dreamteam17

Dreamteam17
  • 194 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Tulum Beach
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

Attached File  image.jpg   110.83KB   4 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   137.84KB   3 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   176.51KB   3 downloads

That's the price list I received.

And the tulum beach location pictures
I am now doing my wedding at this location. I can let you know how is goes.
Only thing I don't love about this location is the decorations seem weak. I tried to switch back to akumal beach but had to change my ceremony to 1pm that I didn't want to do . Thief shade aspect will be appreciative by my guests and I am hoping the shade will reduce squinting in photos. But not make shadows. I guess I'll see.
Those prices include the minister fee.

55 guests booked plus bride and groom :)

#872 nicolesal

nicolesal
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 16, 2015
  • Wedding Location:GBP Akumal

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

@Dreamteam17 ok great! Yeah so I'm thinking the $1815 for a symbolic wedding at Akumal includes the minister fee correct?

#873 Dreamteam17

Dreamteam17
  • 194 posts
  • Wedding Location:Tulum Beach
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

Yep it does

55 guests booked plus bride and groom :)

#874 Maggietron

Maggietron
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2015

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

Thanks, @Dreamteam17. I'm a little worried about that awning causing weird shadows for the pictures, so please update us after your ceremony.

#875 nicolesal

nicolesal
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

My weddin date is officially confirmed! Nov 16th 2015!

They have assigned me to the Akumal beach location and Doce Vita Restaurant. I really have my heart set on the Tulum Gazebo and Don Pablo's but we will see... Is Dolce Vita the best restaurant at Akumal?

Thanks!

#876 Maggietron

Maggietron
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2015

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:20 PM

@nicolesal I'm sure they can accommodate you at the gazebo if you ask.

#877 nicolesal

nicolesal
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:22 AM

Hi all,

I have a question about the photography. My cousin has agreed to take my pictures, and I refuse to pay a huge fee... I saw somewhere that someone was told if you aren't using Tropic One the fee is $1000 .. I really hope this is not the case as I am not paying it!!!

#878 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

Hi all,

I have a question about the photography. My cousin has agreed to take my pictures, and I refuse to pay a huge fee... I saw somewhere that someone was told if you aren't using Tropic One the fee is $1000 .. I really hope this is not the case as I am not paying it!!!

Most resorts allow this without the vendor fee if they are a guest staying a certain amount of nights. Ours states 3 nights. This should be in your contract somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#879 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

Hi all,

You need to look at your contract as it relates to outside vendor fees. most will have 2 options- a flat fee or a minimum night stay.

#880 EmmaNahaylo

EmmaNahaylo
  • 16 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 27, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Mayan Riviera
  • LocationMayan Riviera

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

@ BTOPPINGS

OMG!! Not much time left anymore!!

I'm sorry, my ceremony is at 3pm  :P  (not celebration)

We'll be about 60-65 taking the flight from Montreal! It's gona be crazy!! Other people will be from US, Calgary, Ottawa.

OUr guests will stay for 8 days and when they'll leave, we'll move to another hotel for 1 more week ! What about u?

And how was the fitting dress??

@ EmmaNahaylo

I'm soooooo excited to hear that!! You seemed to have a lot of fun at the wedding you've been to! Hope my wedding's gona be like that :)  Do you remember until what time they booked the private party?

I don't know why, I couldn't see the pictures you put with the tulum gazebo. Was it a nice place to do a ceremony? How many people were they?  Could you please e-mail me those pictures;  garde.gingras@hotmail.com

We are about 80 people and I'm getting maried there... I was curious :)

HI - Sorry havent logged in for a while - 10 DAYS!!! I cannot wait!!!! 
Apparently the private pool party goes until 11 if I am not mistaken.... Then people are free to do whatever - most likely go to the disco as we did for our friends wedding.. :) (Or snack bar HAHA)
SO Exciting! I am trying to get accesss to the Akuml resort as we booked WAY before the changes.... we will see. 
I will make sure to post photos and answers any questions after.. I will be home Dec 9th.... 
ANyone getting married around that time - come see us for a drink! hehe

Emma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users