67 replies to this topic

#21 SusanK

SusanK
  • VIP Member
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by beachbride
    So, I found another necklace (same style) that I really love..... I really can't seem to find anything less than $150..... has anyone found something similar?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
    OMG! I know these people. They are from my hometown. I went to church with the girl and highschool with the guy! Too funny! I love her necklace.
    Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#22 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Susan101207
      OMG! I know these people. They are from my hometown. I went to church with the girl and highschool with the guy! Too funny! I love her necklace.
      that is too funny!!! well, let me know what you find... I am on a serious mission!!

#23 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

Shelley, I never made it to macy's to check, but I swear I looked through pages & pages of websites and couldn't find anything for less than $90 that didn't look kind of crappy.

I did find one lady on ebay that was selling lariats for 50-70 I think, but they were tied in the front and I asked if she could make it so the pendant hung in the front and the other things dangled in the back, and she said yes, but I'm still nervous that I'm not going to like it and its still $50, so if I don't like it I'm out of luck.

#24 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

I'm going to kick myself for saying this (because I think I'll try to do it)... you could DIY these necklaces pretty easily. They sell all the jump rings and stuff at crafts stores. If you bought some nice crystal beads or coin pearl beads (I think that's what the flat ones are called) you could probably DIY a sterling silver necklace without too much cost or effort. Needle nose plyers are about the only thing you'd need.

#25 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

Have you seen this one? Aida Colored Pearl and Crystal Necklace

#26 Jenn

Jenn
            • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

Just checked - *Swarovski Flat Back Crystals / Swarovski Hot fix Crystals carries the clear crystal beads, and Ebay has the coin pearls. Argh... I think I'm going to try to DIY my wedding jewelry!

#27 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jilly76
                Shelley, I never made it to macy's to check, but I swear I looked through pages & pages of websites and couldn't find anything for less than $90 that didn't look kind of crappy.

I did find one lady on ebay that was selling lariats for 50-70 I think, but they were tied in the front and I asked if she could make it so the pendant hung in the front and the other things dangled in the back, and she said yes, but I'm still nervous that I'm not going to like it and its still $50, so if I don't like it I'm out of luck.
                I did see some on ebay, but I was worried about the same thing....

#28 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:00 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Hopels
                  I'm going to kick myself for saying this (because I think I'll try to do it)... you could DIY these necklaces pretty easily. They sell all the jump rings and stuff at crafts stores. If you bought some nice crystal beads or coin pearl beads (I think that's what the flat ones are called) you could probably DIY a sterling silver necklace without too much cost or effort. Needle nose plyers are about the only thing you'd need.
                  so, you are going to make me one?? how nice!! lol, if you do try it let me know how it is.... if you did do it for me, I would totally pay you.... wonder if I could do it.

#29 *JillD*

*JillD*
                  • 5,112 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 06:46 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hopels
                    ohhh, I don't know if I could handle making it myself. I thought about it as I passed by all the stuff at michaels, but I don't think I'm that crafty, I wouldn't even know what to buy, I'd be lost in the aisle.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    I did see that one, I have it bookmarked. I almost bought it, but I really wanted one with a double strand in the back.

#30 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

I did see that one, I have it bookmarked. I almost bought it, but I really wanted one with a double strand in the back.[/QUOTE]

that is what I want too.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users