Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#491 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for sharing, everything looks great! Love the lawn signs and the banners!!!

Originally Posted by MJKH 

You bet!  Here are a few things...I'm calling this my "experimental phase" with VP... ; )

I ordered a couple of large self-inking stamps but threw one away, as my imported design (our passport logo below) was just waaaay too small in that context.

We ordered a bundle of postcards to include with the welcome bags...and I think my favourite things to arrive were the calendar fridge magnets.  I'm always trying to figure out the date when I'm down in the kitchen and can never find a calendar!  We're going to include these in Christmas cards to friends and family at the end of the year.  With our downloaded passport stamp, we tried customizing pens, sticky notes, and note pads.  I ordered a few free sets of business cards with our stamp to try.  We'll punch a hole in one corner and use them as welcome bag tags, pashmina tags, etc.  They need to be jazzed up a little...I think I'll buy some fuchsia paper and mount the tags on the bright paper, trim them up, punch a hole and tie on with a bright funky ribbon.

So i have a HUGE task ahead of me this weekend ( i tasked myself LOL) i am going to go through ALL of my wedding stuff that i have prepared, purchased and made since December when we got engaged and i have to decide if i have any more room to add to my welcome bags and such....in your opinion ladies and from what you have read through the forums...what would you say are the more important items to include the OOT...i know it can be different from person to person but i figure it will get me on the right track :)

I think that is the same group as international clothiers where we got FIs suit, it was the same deal $99 and free pants (or $99 for the suit as I say!)

Originally Posted by carsns38 

If you are still looking for a linen suit, try a company called Stockhomme. 

Some of you are lucky to have access to Coach outlets...I found this coupon valid thru August 21st for another 30% off your purchase...have fun shopping!  Wish I could be there : (

https://e.coach.com/...VGf6beX6990G11V

#492 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

So I am visiting my mom and dad this weekend and have come to find out that many of their friends entered out wedding website into google and the first thing that pops up is my OOT thread.  They know exactly what is in every bag, how much we spent and where we got everything.  I was so so so upset.  I don't know how to fix it or pull down the thread but I am really disapointed in BDW because of this.

I am thinking I may take a BDW hiatus for awhile (possibly until after the wedding) or at least stop sharing my finds, which I really dont want to do as I love sharing our great finds with you all.  Just wanted to let everyone know as they can then still come on and read EVERY post you have made and that just sucks!!!! If anyone knows away to prevent this let me know.

I think I may ask a MOD to delete my OOT thread

#493 MJKH

MJKH
      • Site Supporter
      • 654 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

omg...I am so disappointed : (

I am not a computer expert and obviously have no idea then how things like this happen...but it freaked me out when other people have mentioned seeing their stuff pop up on google and whatnot.

This thread has been so fun, useful, supportive and encouraging!  It has been my goal to keep much of what will be happening at the wedding as secret...even from my parents and BFs!  These forums have been a great release...a time to share and bounce ideas back and forth...while still maintaining the "surprise" element for our guests.  But I am having some regrets right now myself...

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

So I am visiting my mom and dad this weekend and have come to find out that many of their friends entered out wedding website into google and the first thing that pops up is my OOT thread.  They know exactly what is in every bag, how much we spent and where we got everything.  I was so so so upset.  I don't know how to fix it or pull down the thread but I am really disapointed in BDW because of this.

I am thinking I may take a BDW hiatus for awhile (possibly until after the wedding) or at least stop sharing my finds, which I really dont want to do as I love sharing our great finds with you all.  Just wanted to let everyone know as they can then still come on and read EVERY post you have made and that just sucks!!!! If anyone knows away to prevent this let me know.

#494 Manda123

Manda123
        • 380 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

So sorry to hear this, Tori! How disappointing.... We all know how hard you worked on getting your bags together for your guests. Maybe these friends of your parents will have a great appreciation for all that you are doing for this wedding! I think some people think that little to no planning goes into DW. A lot of people I;ve talked to think that it means it's free for us to have all these guests, which we all know is untrue! They will just know how much you care and how hard you've worked to make your wedding special. Hang in there :)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

#495 beachbum21

beachbum21
          • 438 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hey Tori, see if they will change the name of the thread for you, I think it's because you named it after yourself and future hubby so if your friends just type in your name, it comes up in the search results. I just tried to google myself and nothing from bdw. Anyhow, that totally sucks so hopefully something can be done to prevent anyone else from finding it? And maybe change your name on here?

#496 beachbum21

beachbum21
            • 438 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

Beyond the rack is having a shoe sale right now! Badgley Mischka shoes!!!! :)

#497 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
              • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

Thanks! I have felt the same way as I want there to be lots of surprises..... Will keep you posted on what happens

omg...I am so disappointed : (

I am not a computer expert and obviously have no idea then how things like this happen...but it freaked me out when other people have mentioned seeing their stuff pop up on google and whatnot.

This thread has been so fun, useful, supportive and encouraging!  It has been my goal to keep much of what will be happening at the wedding as secret...even from my parents and BFs!  These forums have been a great release...a time to share and bounce ideas back and forth...while still maintaining the "surprise" element for our guests.  But I am having some regrets right now myself...

I changed the name of the thread but it still comes up and unfortunately u can't change your username. I used my real name as my user name mostly because I couldn't think of anything else and also it didn't matternto me but it has come back to bite me! Hey Tori, see if they will change the name of the thread for you, I think it's because you named it after yourself and future hubby so if your friends just type in your name, it comes up in the search results. I just tried to google myself and nothing from bdw. Anyhow, that totally sucks so hopefully something can be done to prevent anyone else from finding it? And maybe change your name on here? Thanks!!

So sorry to hear this, Tori! How disappointing.... We all know how hard you worked on getting your bags together for your guests. Maybe these friends of your parents will have a great appreciation for all that you are doing for this wedding! I think some people think that little to no planning goes into DW. A lot of people I;ve talked to think that it means it's free for us to have all these guests, which we all know is untrue! They will just know how much you care and how hard you've worked to make your wedding special. Hang in there :)

#498 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

Sorry that last post is so weird looking.... On the iPad while I'm away and quoting works funny!

#499 beachbum21

beachbum21
                  • 438 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

Hi girls! Need your help, what do you think of these for wedding shoes (I'll be using both of course!) :)

BM Isabel.jpgBM Kiwi.jpg

#500 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

ummmmm..... LOVE!!!!!!!  Are these part of the beyond the rack sale?  Off to check it out!

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Hi girls! Need your help, what do you think of these for wedding shoes (I'll be using both of course!) :)

BM Isabel.jpgBM Kiwi.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users