Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#1841 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

2 things:

1) Thank you to the brides that got back to me about what we need to do with our marriage certificates...the Dominican consulate told me you would have to get it translated in English for it to be used to change all your last name stuff and what not...but then I read that you don't need to do anything.  If ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE WITH DOMINICAN MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES IN ONTARIO and what they had to do - let me know!!!

2) This Robert Bradley photo thing - I feel badly for the brides that have to deal with this.  I'm willing to be he's in jail to be honest lol.  I used the photographer that was at the resort (Arrecife) and couldn't be more pleased.

#1842 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
    • 400 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

Krysta Lee Ann - I am so sorry to hear this about your photographer. I am from Kingston (well Howe Island - but used to live in Kingston, and work there still)....and I just saw this on FB as well. I had added Robert Bradley Photo to check out his work, and was considering hiring him.

I did just notice another photographer friend of his posted on his wall - indicating she would like to try to help out anyone who had him booked for 2012 weddings.

I am so sorry this has happened to you - maybe you can find another photo in the area to take down with you? Or have you checked out the local photogs down that way? I've come across some threads in here for photogs in Jamaica.

Good luck, and hope it works out for you!

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#1843 AD2012

AD2012
      • 240 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening to you! Very unprofessional way to go about cancelling all 2012 bookings... 

I hope you are able to find someone to replace him who is even better and you are able to get your money back.

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM FREAKIN OUT!!!!

so my wedding is less than 3 months away and i go on fb today and see a post on my home page for my photographer that says:

JUST TO BE CLEAR....
        ROBERT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO DO ANY PHOTO SHOOTS,ALL BOOKINGS THAT WERE MADE ARE PROMPTLY CANCELLED,INCLUDING WEDDING SHOOTS. FUTURE BOOKINGS WILL NOT BE MADE.
        WEDDING BOOKINGS PLEASE CALL ME AT OUR HOME NUMBER WHICH WAS PROVIDED TO YOU AT CONSULTATION.
        ALL IS WELL,THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNS.ROBERT IS AWAY AND I AM UNSURE OF HIS RETURN DATE,IT MAY BE SEVERAL MONTHS TO A YEAR.
        PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE MESSAGES AS THE WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
        HOPEFULLY HE WILL BE BACK SOONER THAN LATER,I KNOW WE ALL MISS HIM.
        LINDA BRADLEY

WTF WTF WTF!!! i am freaking out!! i tried to call and just got an answering machine and then i sent a FB msg..... what am i gonna do if they arent coming???!!!?!?! i feel like i am going to be sick.....

#1844 bride6262

bride6262
        • 582 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

well i just got an email from my TA telling me that she can refund the money and how sorry they are for dissapointing me....

THEY STILL HAVENT CONTACTED ME!!!!!!! WTF!!!

#1845 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
          • 178 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

By TA do you mean Travel Agent?  Refund you the money for what, the photographer??  Or the whole trip??

Have you got your deposit back yet?

well i just got an email from my TA telling me that she can refund the money and how sorry they are for dissapointing me....

THEY STILL HAVENT CONTACTED ME!!!!!!! WTF!!!

#1846 bride6262

bride6262
            • 582 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

would any ladies that got married in Jamaica suggest their photogrpaher?? if so which one is he/she?

#1847 CdnBeatPrincess

CdnBeatPrincess
              • 296 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

Krysta - So sorry to hear about your news.

I just PM'ed you.

#1848 kat2012

kat2012
                • 602 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:52 PM

I live a few hours from Kingston. I have my pics in my signature. If you like them, I can give you my photogs info. All I paid was her travel down there. 

would any ladies that got married in Jamaica suggest their photogrpaher?? if so which one is he/she?

#1849 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
                  • 400 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:08 PM

Kat, I live near Kingston as well. I would be interested in your photogs info if you could pass it along to me. Love your pics!

So you just paid for her airfare/hotel and she covered your whole wedding?

Originally Posted by kat2012 

I live a few hours from Kingston. I have my pics in my signature. If you like them, I can give you my photogs info. All I paid was her travel down there. 

#1850 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
                    • 400 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Krysta Lee Ann,

So glad that you at least got a refund - can't believe the photographer still hasn't contacted you though - how rude!

Wishing you the best of luck in finding your new photographer - I bet you'll find one even better :) Certainly more professional give the treatment from your previous one....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users