Jump to content
torilynnsmith

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts


Anyone...anyone...?!?

 

Actually, I just got a response back from Monica Perez at Amols.com about colours of maracas.  She indicated that they had colours "magenta" and "light blue" which may go with our colour scheme of fuschia/turquoise (I had sent her some inspiration pics).  She asked for my address and told me she would send me a sample of each!  I was quite tickled by that offer.  It may only be a mini version or something, but at least I get to see them before ordering a bunch.  That's what I call customer service! 

 

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

I would love to hear updates/see photos from any of the Canadian brides that ordered traditional maracas from Amols.com.  How were they with your requests to "customize" your order to a specific colour or colour scheme?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tori, I just realized that I didn't get back to you about the company I'm trying to order the sinamay envelopes and bags from.  They're in Washington state and have quoted just under $12 for shipping of 40 sinamay rectangular envelopes to Canada (plus whatever unexpected border/customs expenses pop up in transit!).  I've picked a few other things out and will hopefully be completing the order with them this morning (they need to call back with the final tally and to get my cc info).

 

http://www.packageit.net/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Tori, I just got off the phone with Raymie Lynch from packageit.net and she was lovely to talk to and is super happy to work with brides...even Canadian ones!  I ordered $130 worth of sinamay packaging and flat pack trays and she said at the most the shipping would be $17.  This is some of the stuff:

 

We will be using the sinamay envelopes at the ceremony to hold the sandlewood fans and programs.

image484.jpg

 

I'm thinking I may use these little baggies in the welcome bags or at the reception.

image535.jpg

image621.jpg These bags are clearing out in all kinds of beautiful colours...I ordered them in fuschia.

 

image7191.jpg  

These boxes ship flat and I thought we could use them for items at the reception.

 

 

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Tori, I just realized that I didn't get back to you about the company I'm trying to order the sinamay envelopes and bags from.  They're in Washington state and have quoted just under $12 for shipping of 40 sinamay rectangular envelopes to Canada (plus whatever unexpected border/customs expenses pop up in transit!).  I've picked a few other things out and will hopefully be completing the order with them this morning (they need to call back with the final tally and to get my cc info).

 

http://www.packageit.net/



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Luvmoo...that's AMAZING!!! Congratulations on such an accomplishment. I had every intention of losing weight for the wedding....even if it was just 10-15 lbs but that hasn't seemed to happen! haha....so way to go girl...your hard work is paying off!!!

 

@Janet...beautiful invitations! Thanks so much for sharing....this gives me some good ideas!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Luvmoo, congrats on your success!!! now thats what I call motivation.  I am setting the alarm an hour early tomorrow and starting back up on p90x again.  no more excuses.

 

ps. today sent an email out to friends and family today to try to incite some more RSVPs.  Not sure why I am feeling a little nervous about the headcount, but people inherently like to do these things at the last minute.  (I dont blame them, I do too!)  Since our deposit deadline is over a month out, they still have some time.  But I have already heard back from some, so the anxiety level is much lower now!!

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


These are so nice! Thanks for letting me know!

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post


Tori, I just got off the phone with Raymie Lynch from packageit.net and she was lovely to talk to and is super happy to work with brides...even Canadian ones!  I ordered $130 worth of sinamay packaging and flat pack trays and she said at the most the shipping would be $17.  This is some of the stuff:

 

We will be using the sinamay envelopes at the ceremony to hold the sandlewood fans and programs.

image484.jpg

 

I'm thinking I may use these little baggies in the welcome bags or at the reception.

image535.jpg

image621.jpg These bags are clearing out in all kinds of beautiful colours...I ordered them in fuschia.

 

image7191.jpg  

These boxes ship flat and I thought we could use them for items at the reception.

 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I really like this going to check them out now! I would like to get my bridesmaid something like these!
 

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

Oh my...I forgot to ask this too...like HOW CUTE ARE THESE?!?yhst-128509002713651_2167_2797941.gifyhst-128509002713651_2167_3731845.gifyhst-128509002713651_2167_3795128.gif

 

They're from a company called Mar Y Sol...has anyone ever bought/seen them before?

 

http://shopmarysol.com/



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, my humungo order from Vistaprint arrived today...actually, three separate orders arrived in one box, which made for one very large box.  They were placed in early August when they had a great promo on and everything I ordered was free (just paid shipping).  Just wanted to let you know that I am really pleased with everything...with a couple of exceptions.  It looks like as they're changing over from one print order to the next, things can sometimes be "off"...like I had the edge of someone else's business cards on the first 20 or so cards in my order.  The photo on the mouse pad was off centre...in addition, a banner and sticky note pad were crushed at the bottom of the box.  I called their customer service, and she said she'd arrange for replacements to be delivered in the next 7 days!?!  Gee, how can you go wrong with that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Good to hear!!! What else did you order? Can you post some pictures?!

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

So, my humungo order from Vistaprint arrived today...actually, three separate orders arrived in one box, which made for one very large box.  They were placed in early August when they had a great promo on and everything I ordered was free (just paid shipping).  Just wanted to let you know that I am really pleased with everything...with a couple of exceptions.  It looks like as they're changing over from one print order to the next, things can sometimes be "off"...like I had the edge of someone else's business cards on the first 20 or so cards in my order.  The photo on the mouse pad was off centre...in addition, a banner and sticky note pad were crushed at the bottom of the box.  I called their customer service, and she said she'd arrange for replacements to be delivered in the next 7 days!?!  Gee, how can you go wrong with that!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×