Photo

Prettypigpig's belated pics loaded wedding planning journal- Saves & Splurges, DIY...etc

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Congrats Bonnie! Great planning thread, you put in a lot of work with all your DIY projects, and I am sure your guests loved it all!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#22 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
  • Banned
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

thx Mexbride,

I know what u meant...I got a step by step serie of polaroid pics documentary on "how my baby bro got drunk and passout in the bathroom" followed by video taken with Blackberry and Iphone.  LOL

Originally Posted by mexbride83 

Great job Bonnie - and CONGRATULATIONS!! We did the polaroid album too, and ended up with quite a few improper pics by the end of the night haha

Btw, great job on your MIL's outfit, she looks gorgeous! Such a great story too:)

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#23 anichols8

anichols8
    • 232 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:06 PM

Love the ring!  Very different!

#24 Bruuning17

Bruuning17
      • 173 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

I like the lantern ring idea!  I've never heard of that one before :)

#25 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

thx and yes, I like everything to be a bit different and unique.  I don't like things that are too common in general...and I assumed that wedding day is ...once in our life time...so why would I want it to be generic?!

Bonnie

#26 Bruuning17

Bruuning17
          • 173 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:40 AM

I agree, you want your wedding to be about you, your hubby, and your family, not just what everyone else does!  That's one reason we are doing DW.  Travel and doing something different is more our style than a typical at home wedding ;)

#27 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
            • Banned
            • 1,034 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:05 AM

OVERALL, here is a DO and DON'T list for DW brides in planning mode and with a budget limit...

DOs:

• DIYs projects (and yes, get your FI to help out)
              • Be original, go outside of the box
              • Hire a good photog and video guy (after the wedding, pics and video are all we left with)
              • Save money in advanced, and prepare for extra costs popping out from left and right
              • Give a head up to your potential guests that you will have a DW, so they too can save in advanced.
              • Watch for sales and coupons
              • Compare prices
              • Think twice before you buy (do u or ur guests really need 2 luggage tags or 4 Tylenol each?!)
              • Read reviews on BDW
              • Check baggage limits on your airline's website

DON'Ts:

• Overstressed or over upset because some people can't come or try to make u feel guilty because you want a DW (it is your wedding, not theirs)
              • Overworried about the weather.
              • Skip/ Cut corners on photogs and videos (the day will fly by so fast and so emotional that you and FH can't remember much)
              • Overspend on flowers, OOT bags (seriously, guests don't care if they don't get a Sudoku book to fill out on the beach after 2 beers)
              • Overspend on rehearsal dinners, welcome dinners (you and your guests are ..most probably..in an ALL INCLUSIVE resort)
              • Overspend on your dress, your FI will find you beautiful in any white dress (it is a 1 day thing...and no, u can't re-sell it at 80% of the original price, and your future daughter won't like to wear it on her day)

Bonnie

#28 Fabiola Cadet

Fabiola Cadet
              • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Congratulations, Bonnie! Can you please tell me where you found somebody to design your monogram? You mentioned Rebecca. Was it on etsy? Thanks!

#29 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

Fabiola,

Rebecca is a vendor on BDW with a lot of great reviews from previous brides!

http://www.allurementsbyrebecca.com/ 

Bonnie

#30 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                  • Banned
                  • 1,034 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

Ok, Sascha Gluck just posted some of my pics on his blog!  The pics are AMAZING!!!

For those brides who are still shopping for a superb photog and don't wanna spend 2 arms and 2 legs plus a few months of mortgage payment, he is the ONE!

http://cancunphotosb...aya-del-carmen/

Bonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users