Photo

Affordable rehersal dinner spots

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MandM2011

MandM2011
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi Ladies I'm new to this site and need some help! I'm looking for a place to host our rehersal dinner that is no too expensive. I would like it to include dinner and drinks at a resonable price. Any suggestions or info will be greatly appreciated :)

#2 BandP2011

BandP2011
    • 40 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

We are hosting a welcome party in place of rehersal dinner at Don Sanchez Restaurant and Cantina (in San Jose del Cabo) for 75 guests, heavy appetizers and open bar for 3 hours. It's going to run about $2100 including tax and gratuity. I have a wheat allergy and the owner Tadd even offered several gluten free options! We are so excited!

#3 MyGirlTuesday

MyGirlTuesday
      • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:18 AM

We're having our rehearsal at The Medano Beach Club. Our reception is going to be over the top, so I'm not too concerned about the rehearsal. A Buffet for 35 people is $35pp and a two hour open bar is $19pp. Bonus: Live music hosted by the restaurant and a beach bonfire after sunset! Both will entertain our guests and we won't have to pay for it. Please note that this is a very casual restaurant if you'd want nicer tables/chairs/linens, you'd have to rent them. I'm a very low-key bride.

#4 anichols8

anichols8
        • 232 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

Are you doing a rehearsal dinner and a welcome dinner?  I am toying with the idea of doing a welcome dinner ona cruise but I don't know how your guests are about being on water.  Heck, I don't know how mine are about that either now that I think about it.

#5 Blissloscabos

Blissloscabos
          • Banned
          • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

There are a lot of great options to host the rehearsal dinner. What part of town are you staying in, San Jose, the corridor or San Lucas? That will determine recommendations. Also, do you have a preference for the type of food? 

#6 aviongirl

aviongirl
            • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Blissloscabos, it's been a while since anyone posted here.  I am also looking for a reasonably priced welcome/rehearsal dinner.  I am hoping for under $50 per person for food and drink.  I am definitely not looking for anything fancy, although an ocean view would be nice.

I would most appreciate any ideas you have.  Thanks!

#7 paulastuart

paulastuart
              • Site Supporter
              • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

We are having our rehearsal dinner at a place called Desperado's. They have 2 menus to chose from that are both under $20pp. It comes highly recommended on trip advisor and the food and venue look amazing!!

#8 Pucca

Pucca
                • 485 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by aviongirl 

Blissloscabos, it's been a while since anyone posted here.  I am also looking for a reasonably priced welcome/rehearsal dinner.  I am hoping for under $50 per person for food and drink.  I am definitely not looking for anything fancy, although an ocean view would be nice.

I would most appreciate any ideas you have.  Thanks!

If you've got a small party and you're close to San Jose del Cabo, we went to La Panga just off of the square in the center of town. We went during lunch time though and prix fixe was under $30 (we didn't have an official welcome/rehearsal dinner; had welcome happy hour instead). The food was great and the restaurant was really pretty with a local vibe. If you're closer to Cabo San Lucas, sorry I can't help you there! Maybe you can do a search for some other discussions for restaurants on this forum. I think there are several threads that discuss places to eat. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users