Photo

What are you getting your wedding party for "thank you" gifts, and how much are you spending?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mandy1021

Mandy1021
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

I really have no idea what to get the girls in our wedding party for a gift. I've seen some of you girls on here getting things like nice bracelets from tiffany's and while I've never been in a tiffany's myself I know that they are quite expensive and it definately isn't in our budget.

I have four bridesmaids, a junior bridesmaid, and a flower girl, so we're looking at around the $50 mark. I'd love to get the little girls (who are sisters, and will be almost 8 and 10 when we get married) something similar to a pandora bracelet, that have a bead or charm in our wedding colour (Pool Blue/Aqua) or a little seashell charm, and then something more personalized for each of them, like an initial or their birthstone colour, and then another bead for their favourite sport/activity (that way they're the same so they can't argue, but they're made special for them at the same time), but the chains for pandora bracelets start at around $35 and beads start at around $20. Anyone know of something a little more kid friendly that has the same sort of idea as a pandora bracelet?

What are you getting your wedding party, and how much are you spending?

#2 celticgirl

celticgirl
    • 266 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

Since I already got OOT bags AND personalized shot glass wedding favors... I decided that I didnt want to get the wedding party something personalized or something that they would misplace or lose... its also hard to carry alot over seas to your destination as well.  I have felt so blessed with my new addition to my family, and being able to finish school and own a house and get married and not really have to worry about money too much (Im not made of it, but I am still able to have a 10,000 dollar budget while fnishing my final year at school and be a new mom to a gorgeous 6 month old boy)... that I really wanted to give back... so I am buying a few goats from world vision as a donation on behalf of my wedding party..... I know its not really traditional, but neither am I.

Originally Posted by Mandy1021 

I really have no idea what to get the girls in our wedding party for a gift. I've seen some of you girls on here getting things like nice bracelets from tiffany's and while I've never been in a tiffany's myself I know that they are quite expensive and it definately isn't in our budget.

I have four bridesmaids, a junior bridesmaid, and a flower girl, so we're looking at around the $50 mark. I'd love to get the little girls (who are sisters, and will be almost 8 and 10 when we get married) something similar to a pandora bracelet, that have a bead or charm in our wedding colour (Pool Blue/Aqua) or a little seashell charm, and then something more personalized for each of them, like an initial or their birthstone colour, and then another bead for their favourite sport/activity (that way they're the same so they can't argue, but they're made special for them at the same time), but the chains for pandora bracelets start at around $35 and beads start at around $20. Anyone know of something a little more kid friendly that has the same sort of idea as a pandora bracelet?

What are you getting your wedding party, and how much are you spending?

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
      January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#3 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

We were thinking of doing the same thing.  My MOH and her husband sponser two kids through world vision and my FI and I sponser one, and we were looking at doing something like goats or chickens on behalf of our bridal party!

Originally Posted by celticgirl 

Since I already got OOT bags AND personalized shot glass wedding favors... I decided that I didnt want to get the wedding party something personalized or something that they would misplace or lose... its also hard to carry alot over seas to your destination as well.  I have felt so blessed with my new addition to my family, and being able to finish school and own a house and get married and not really have to worry about money too much (Im not made of it, but I am still able to have a 10,000 dollar budget while fnishing my final year at school and be a new mom to a gorgeous 6 month old boy)... that I really wanted to give back... so I am buying a few goats from world vision as a donation on behalf of my wedding party..... I know its not really traditional, but neither am I.

#4 celticgirl

celticgirl
      • 266 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:10 AM

I was a little worried at first that they wouldnt appreciate it as I did, but that doesnt really bother me anymore! I think its a great cause!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We were thinking of doing the same thing.  My MOH and her husband sponser two kids through world vision and my FI and I sponser one, and we were looking at doing something like goats or chickens on behalf of our bridal party!

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
        January 7th, 2012

63 booked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users