• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

I am basically doing this and for those who want to be paired, will be

Originally Posted by countrybride 

We had this problem too. We are getting married Nov 30! But what we ended up doing was suggesting pairs... but that doesnt always work especially age and gender differences. What we also did was suggest that the singles bring someone else who was not invited to the wedding with the understanding that they would not be included in the wedding events due to extra cost. This actually went over phenomanelly! People are happy to bring someone they would enjoy travelling with but arnt necessarily someone you know. This also gives the single person an opportunity to have a travelling companion for tours and dinner partners. We are pretty relaxed and thought this was a good solution. Also one group rented a junior suite. So one individual is staying in the bed out in the main room and the couple is staring the enclosed bedroom. Saving on money compared to the astronomical price for a single to rent.

Hope this helps.

#22 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
    • 91 posts

We had this problem too. We are getting married Nov 30! But what we ended up doing was suggesting pairs... but that doesnt always work especially age and gender differences. What we also did was suggest that the singles bring someone else who was not invited to the wedding with the understanding that they would not be included in the wedding events due to extra cost. This actually went over phenomanelly! People are happy to bring someone they would enjoy travelling with but arnt necessarily someone you know. This also gives the single person an opportunity to have a travelling companion for tours and dinner partners. We are pretty relaxed and thought this was a good solution. Also one group rented a junior suite. So one individual is staying in the bed out in the main room and the couple is staring the enclosed bedroom. Saving on money compared to the astronomical price for a single to rent.

Hope this helps.

#23 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
      • 91 posts

Hope this helps.

#24 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
        • 91 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hope this helps.

#25 LindsayR

LindsayR
          • 173 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

I love this website...I was just thinking this exact same question the other day and of course I go on here and its already answered!! Great idea asking if people want to room together!!

#26 TropicLover

TropicLover
            • 293 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

We've needed to pair up a few people too.  In fact my future sister inlaw is bunking with my FI's good friend who happens to be in the wedding party.  We asked both of them first if they would feel comfortable sharing and they both agreed so it's done.  It's a little strange, but if it means saving a bunch of money they people are usually up for it.

#27 goddesslv4

goddesslv4
              • 91 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

Same here!! got different ppl rooming together and i couldn't b happier!!!

Originally Posted by TropicLover 

We've needed to pair up a few people too.  In fact my future sister inlaw is bunking with my FI's good friend who happens to be in the wedding party.  We asked both of them first if they would feel comfortable sharing and they both agreed so it's done.  It's a little strange, but if it means saving a bunch of money they people are usually up for it.

Originally Posted by LindsayR 

I love this website...I was just thinking this exact same question the other day and of course I go on here and its already answered!! Great idea asking if people want to room together!!

#28 katman

katman
                • 170 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

I really like the idea of getting single guests to group up. This would work well for us as most of our younger, single guests know each other already and could arrange this on their own. I was wondering though....when you invite someone who is known to be single, do you address the invite to so-and-so plus guest, as you would with an at home wedding, and allow them the option of bringing their own roomate? (if numbers allow of course). What have others done with single guests? Thanks, as always, Kat

#29 Jocelin Reyes

Jocelin Reyes
                  • 161 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

OMG so many things to think about!!!!

#30 MoniqueJ

MoniqueJ
                    • 52 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

We sent messages to the people that aren't bringing a guest and put them in touch with each other to see about sharing rooms, we haven't had any problems with it yet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users