Photo

Has anyone booked their Photographer into their hotel?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:38 PM

That is so exciting, we had several of the same photographers in our mix too!!!! I loved that Katya and Rob (her fiance) would both be there to photograph for us.  I always wanted to have 2 photographers because they capture such a wide range of shots and emotions like both mine and FI's reaction walking down the aisle, shots of our guests and family during the ceremony etc.  I highly recommend getting in touch with Katya, she has been an absolute pleasure to communicate with and was so quick to answer any questions I had!!!!!!!  Best of luck deciding, be sure to let me know who you choose!!!! It's a tough decision but once you had it done man does it feel good!!!

#12 Fired Up B2B

Fired Up B2B
    • Site Supporter
    • 34 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

okay! I THINK I've got it narrowed down to 2...lol..Michael Weiler & HDC :)..M.Weiler was my original choice until I started 'seeing' others photos online so I may end up booking him as he has a videographer who works with him too. I love the idea of 2 photographers as you are getting!!! Katya's work is absolutely stunning!!! Mind me asking what pkg you went with? I'm tossed on if we should get the prints & book or just the CD...

#13 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:52 AM

If you are asking what we went with for Katya we are doing 8 hrs of coverage a TTD and just the images on Disc, we will do all our printing and books at home!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Fired Up B2B 

okay! I THINK I've got it narrowed down to 2...lol..Michael Weiler & HDC :)..M.Weiler was my original choice until I started 'seeing' others photos online so I may end up booking him as he has a videographer who works with him too. I love the idea of 2 photographers as you are getting!!! Katya's work is absolutely stunning!!! Mind me asking what pkg you went with? I'm tossed on if we should get the prints & book or just the CD...

#14 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
        • 1,252 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

i was thinking the same thing, ill let u know tomorrow as im asking her the same thing..as she will be there the next day to do our TTD and really, i dont want to give anyone 300.00 for nothing unless ur half naked lol lol

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Our hotel charges a $300 fee for "outside" vendor (photography).  We are thinking about booking a room for our Photographer for the day of our wedding that way they are a "guest" with a fancy camera.  That way we avoid the fee and I'd rather put the money towards a room for my photog than give it to the hotel for nothing!

Has anyone had any experience with this?  Does it work?  Any idea where I would book this?  The hotel does not have "availabilities" on the website right now but I am told closer to the date they will.

Any information would help!!!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#15 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:11 PM

talk to ur TA hu....i didnt finish reading lol i should have, ask them!!!!! tell them that u have a local guest that wants one night stay, i know with us its less then the 300.00 vendor fee

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

i was thinking the same thing, ill let u know tomorrow as im asking her the same thing..as she will be there the next day to do our TTD and really, i dont want to give anyone 300.00 for nothing unless ur half naked lol lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#16 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Our resort requires a minimum 3 night stay 

talk to ur TA hu....i didnt finish reading lol i should have, ask them!!!!! tell them that u have a local guest that wants one night stay, i know with us its less then the 300.00 vendor fee

#17 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

ugggggg that sucks .... they really know how to get the money from u eh lol lol

Our resort requires a minimum 3 night stay 

#18 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

Oh it's all a money grab it is so nuts!!! Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do!!!

#19 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

yeah no doubt....they do it cause they know we want the best...and well pay it, but ill fight it as much as i can....if i can get around some stuff im gonna loll

Oh it's all a money grab it is so nuts!!! Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do!!!

#20 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:30 AM

I considered doing the "guest" day pass and just say they are friend with fancy cameras but I don't think it is worth the risk of them getting kicked out on my wedding day LOL

don't want to be stressed out so if I know everythings covered at least I'm safe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users