Getting Wedding Dress Though Security/Customs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nandrwed2011

nandrwed2011
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hi Ladies,

I just had a panic moment about taking my wedding dress through security and customs at the airport!  Are they going to take it out or want to look underneath it in the bag?  Will it fit through the scanner?!  I'm now having some anxiety about it because I dont want random people touching it and moving it around in the bag!  Does anyone have any previous experience with this or know how security would deal with it at the airport?

TIA!

#2 skybride

skybride
    • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

Are you packing it in a carryon or checking it in a bag?  What country are you traveling to?  Those make a big difference in how it's handled.

If you check it, you shouldn't have any problems.  They spot-check bags occasionally, but they shouldn't do more than confirm that there's nothing illegal hidden in the folds of the dress, if you do even get checked.

If it's in your carry-on, or if you're simply carrying it, it will have to go through security.  You can ask to have it hand-checked and not go through the scanner if you're worried about it - depends on how poofy it is :)  You can also ask them to wear gloves to check it, so that it doesn't get dirty. 

It will mean that security takes you much longer than normal, but it will mean that you're able to keep an eye on who's touching the dress.

#3 nandrwed2011

nandrwed2011
      • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

I'll be carrying it on .. its too big to check and I would worry about it getting squished or lost!!  I'll be going to Maui...  Thanks for the info :)

#4 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

I'm going to carry on my dress, but I hadn't even thought about security or the scanner, my dress is pretty poufy.  Definately something to think about!

#5 Shahlo

Shahlo
        • 253 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, I didn't even think of security

#6 cindygaga

cindygaga
          • Banned
          • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

You really concern a lot. Why not try to buy a wedding dress online? It will be much convenient. That the wedding dress can deliver to you directly without concerning the security and customs. Wishing you a happy marriage.

#7 cdc150

cdc150
            • 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

Security should be used to having them go through the scanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users