14 replies to this topic

#11 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

I would say really do your research on companies before ordering a knockoff.  I was originally just going to get a knock off but I knew I would be constantly comparing every little single detail and would want it exactly alike.  If you can handle a little variation then Id say go for it!

#12 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:32 AM

I like the Maggie Sottero Carly dress but I would def need a knock off.  I cannot see myself spending upwards of $400 for one day!  I am def looking for a similar style dress.

#13 lmadore

lmadore
    • 128 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

I fell in love with Sottero Midlgey, the bridal store I was at  here in AB, Canada was priced at $1800, I wouldnt pay that much for a dress.    I was thinking of getting a knock off but my dress had so much beading detail and such I didnt think there was any way of getting an exact copy, so I would google on ebay and other websites my specific dress looking for an already worn dress, and was lucky enough to find a Bridal Shop selling a sample of my dress, in the exact size I needed for $600. It was in great condition, Great Price, and not a knock off.  Perhaps try that route.  It turned out well for me :)

#14 lmadore

lmadore
      • 128 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

I fell in love with Sottero Midlgey, the bridal store I was at  here in AB, Canada was priced at $1800, I wouldnt pay that much for a dress.    I was thinking of getting a knock off but my dress had so much beading detail and such I didnt think there was any way of getting an exact copy, so I would google on ebay and other websites my specific dress looking for an already worn dress, and was lucky enough to find a Bridal Shop selling a sample of my dress, in the exact size I needed for $600. It was in great condition, Great Price, and not a knock off.  Perhaps try that route.  It turned out well for me :)

#15 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
        • 221 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

Good to know.  Maybe I can find a side bridal shop in NYC selling her dresses! I will start calling around! :)

Originally Posted by lmadore 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users