112 replies to this topic

#71 deniden

deniden
  • Site Supporter
  • 355 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

I had my weekly weigh-in this week and...

... I didn't gain or lose a single ounce, lol.

I started with a trainer at the gym this week, and he's been super kicking my butt! I worked out HARD 3 times this week. My friends say that when you first start working out hard and your muscles are sore, the muscles are retaining water, which is why I haven't lost any weight this week. :( I do FEEL alot better (minus the sore muscles) and do feel like I look better... so that's a plus!

#72 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

I'm in the same boat as you this week minus the personal trainer ;-)  So I count it as a plus that I didn't gain but I also know that I did't work out none this week ;-( 

Originally Posted by deniden 

I had my weekly weigh-in this week and...

... I didn't gain or lose a single ounce, lol.

I started with a trainer at the gym this week, and he's been super kicking my butt! I worked out HARD 3 times this week. My friends say that when you first start working out hard and your muscles are sore, the muscles are retaining water, which is why I haven't lost any weight this week. :( I do FEEL alot better (minus the sore muscles) and do feel like I look better... so that's a plus!

#73 mrsrrobinson

mrsrrobinson
    • 58 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

I had my weekly weigh-in and I'm down 3.4lbs! This is the most I've lost in 1 week since getting serious about WW in March. My total is now 30.2. I feel like I'm on a roll, and I just pray and hope that I keep trying this hard for the long haul! I have until March 2012, and I feel like every week counts!

#74 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

WAY TO GO!!! HATS OFF TO YOU!!!  Keep up the great work. 

Originally Posted by mrsrrobinson 

I had my weekly weigh-in and I'm down 3.4lbs! This is the most I've lost in 1 week since getting serious about WW in March. My total is now 30.2. I feel like I'm on a roll, and I just pray and hope that I keep trying this hard for the long haul! I have until March 2012, and I feel like every week counts!

#75 mrsrrobinson

mrsrrobinson
        • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

How is everyone doing this week? I gained a full pound this week :( I think I ate out one too many times....

Anyone have any words of encouragement?? ;)

#76 deniden

deniden
          • Site Supporter
          • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

I actually stayed the same weight these past 2 weeks. I have been super discouraged by this, especially since I have been working out with a trainer once a week and working out on my own 2 or more times a week. :(

#77 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
          • 2,136 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

Don't be discouraged, when you are working with a trainer you are definitely building muscle which will actually cause you to stay the same and/or pick up a few pounds because it is muscle mass.  This is not negative and will look great!  Please stay encouraged and keep up the great work

I actually stayed the same weight these past 2 weeks. I have been super discouraged by this, especially since I have been working out with a trainer once a week and working out on my own 2 or more times a week. :(

#78 deniden

deniden
            • Site Supporter
            • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by coconoir1908 

Don't be discouraged, when you are working with a trainer you are definitely building muscle which will actually cause you to stay the same and/or pick up a few pounds because it is muscle mass.  This is not negative and will look great!  Please stay encouraged and keep up the great work

Thank you for your kind words. :) I bought my dress yesterday and as I was trying dresses, I was looking at my body and going "hmmm, definitely seeing a positive difference!"

#79 Essential0929

Essential0929
            • 236 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

Don't be discouraged, it does happen. Try a workout that you have not done before and you may see improvement. Most importantly be patient, you will probably see a significant weight loss when your power through the plateau.

#80 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
              • 2,136 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

Exactly and that is what it is all about.  I lost 9.2 pounds and some clothes are falling off while others are complimenting me especially at work.  But the big kicker was (as I brought my dress as well yesterday) that the very same dress that wouldn't zip up on June 11th was about 2 inches from being closed all together.  Even MaryEllen my consultant mentioned it!  Keep up, keep fighting!

Thank you for your kind words. :) I bought my dress yesterday and as I was trying dresses, I was looking at my body and going "hmmm, definitely seeing a positive difference!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users