Sign in to follow this  
Peach

Something old....

Oh wow is that ever a great idea, I've never heard of that before. Talk about meaningful! :)

Originally Posted by islandbride8 View Post

I got my something old yesterday at my shower.  it's the bonnet i wore home from the hospital when i was born!  it was made so that after it's worn as a baby bonnet, you take out a couple of stitches and it turns into a hanky for your wedding day.  it even came with a poem that i couldn't even read i was crying too much :)   So, my "something old" is 28 years old.  i guess these things used to be pretty popular, b/c every bridal shower i go to in my family the bride-to-be gets one from her mom.  i think anything that connects you to your past works and you can use it anytime throughout the day of your wedding, so reception definately counts :)

Skp1, I love that idea too! :).

I have a button from my Grandmother's wedding dress ( that my Mom had on her wedding gown) and i also have a button from my Mother's wedding gown.. i don't have my dress yet, but i will be finding somewhere to put them on my dress! :) That will be my something old... and I am borrowing my sister's tiffany bracelet for the borrowed.. :)

What a great idea! So sweet!

Originally Posted by Tammy86 View Post

My something old is a fabric copy of my parents marriage certificate which is going to be sewn into the lining of my dress!

I want to do this...but my mom's dress was yellow (literally). Buttons were too. My colors are red and black, so not really sure how to get them to work.

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

I have a button from my Grandmother's wedding dress ( that my Mom had on her wedding gown) and i also have a button from my Mother's wedding gown.. i don't have my dress yet, but i will be finding somewhere to put them on my dress! :) That will be my something old... and I am borrowing my sister's tiffany bracelet for the borrowed.. :)

--- Rustoleum Insuladd Insuladd Rustoleum

That is such a great idea! I am now thinking of bringing along a picture of my grandparents wedding day for my bouquet. I do not think they will be coming, in fact my grandpa might not be around then anymore. :(  But as of today, they have been married 63 years, and counting! I am very close with them, so even though the frame or bouquet is not really old, the picture is. Maybe it will be good luck? I was planning on bringing something of my grandpa anyway, if he is not around (we are two years away from the day, and he is pretty sick now...). I am just trying to figure out what I can this far in advance!

Thanks! There are plenty of places where you can turn a photo/document into fabric. I stumbled across a report with a bride that did it, so I can't take all the credit!! cheesy.gif

Originally Posted by Sharon99 View Post

What a great idea! So sweet!

I will have my great grandmas engagement ring for something old.  So far all of the girls in the family have been able to wear it.  It is from 1909 so definently has the old factor going on.