Cinco de Mayo in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sharon99

• 1,301 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:14 AM

We are getting married next year on Thursday, May 3rd. Which means Cinco de Mayo falls on Saturday. Does anyone know if this is celebrated in Mexico? All of my guests have been asking me if the resort will have something. They think it will be crazy & fun but I have no idea! I would assume they would but I am not sure. Has anyone heard if they even celebrate this?

We have been there in September when they celebrate their Independence & the resort had a special themed night with loads of tequila tasting. Maybe they do the same thing!

#2 BeachBridein11

• 610 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Cinco de Mayo is more a holiday in the US than Mexico, but since resorts tend to tourist I bet they will have something going on.  Email the resort and find out!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#3 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

Your best bet is probably email them.  That would be fun if they had something!!

#4 DramaticAnnie

• 281 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

Yay, another bride who's getting married around the same time as me! lol

I've felt like i'm such an early bird on here when looking at other peoples wedding dates :)

And yes, I would email the resort, I'm sure they would have something, and I would guess the festivities will probably be over the whole weekend.

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
        ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#5 Sharon99

• 1,301 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

Thanks everyone! I will email the WC. I just didn't want to bother her with that question if anyone else knew.

DramaticAnnie -  getting married on a cruise sounds so much fun!! Congratulations!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users