Photo

Starfish and Sandollars

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Marlena

Marlena
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

The starfish look great under the cake! I think I'm going to order some to spread around on the table with some tea lights....

#22 redginger

redginger
    • 360 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for this helpful thread....didn't know that starfish may smell. Good to know that I may need to air them out!

#23 tamandrob

tamandrob
      • 349 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:00 AM

Love the idea of starfish on the tables!!!!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#24 Barkles

Barkles
        • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

great idea

#25 J-me

J-me
          • 398 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

I saw these too at Pier 1 and bought a few (they were $3.95 when I found them) they are an iridescent white/ivory and I'll use LED tea light (since a reg. tea light probably won't hold up in the wind) - planning to use them on my guestbook table!

I went to Pier 1 Imports and bought a white starfish tea light holder, it was 6 dollars! I think I posted it earlier today but since I'm still a 'noob' I can't tell if I attatched it properly. Anyways, I did see some things of interest -- white paper lanterns with lights 3 for $18 (and quite a few other assorted colours), they had a nice bag of potporri with (what looked like) coral pieces and shells, and all kinds of teal tealights and they had a conch shell that has an LED light in it too. I'm thinking I will have to go back and pick up some stuff, since it's all seasonal items, but I'm sure it's all on their website

#26 Marlena

Marlena
            • 254 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

J-me,

I found some flameless LED candles at costco! they seemed to be the cheapest. I don't want them blowing out either! I also ordered some 1 inch starfish and 1 inch sanddollars from www.tropitek.com  they sell shells, larger starfish etc...so hopefully they turn out nice too! And they were pretty cheap (I hope I got the website right, I saw someone else post about it so I gave it a look too!)

#27 J-me

J-me
              • 398 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

Ooooh - I hadn't even THOUGHT to look for the LEDs at Costco - thank you!!! I remember someone mentioning that site too - I'll have to take a look!

Originally Posted by Marlena 

J-me,

I found some flameless LED candles at costco! they seemed to be the cheapest. I don't want them blowing out either! I also ordered some 1 inch starfish and 1 inch sanddollars from www.tropitek.com  they sell shells, larger starfish etc...so hopefully they turn out nice too! And they were pretty cheap (I hope I got the website right, I saw someone else post about it so I gave it a look too!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users