Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1961 amberk90

amberk90
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Your centerpiece is so pretty! I like the idea of the paper lanterns and its great to see how pretty they look!

#1962 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

thank you! can't wait to see them all lit up!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1963 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:41 AM

Is it Italian ??What you specifically called it?

i'm unsure what you are asking.

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1964 EJM17

EJM17
    • 36 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Just got married this past Saturday!!!!! Lets just say my wedding day was beautiful but the planning process and service and Now Larimar is HORRIBLE! A full review will be coming in a few days.

#1965 akjohnson1018

akjohnson1018
      • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'm planning my wedding at NOW Larimar in October of 2014. I am interested to hear your review and slightly nervous that I may have made the wrong choice.

#1966 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
        • 455 posts
        • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

OH NO! I leave for Now 2 weeks from today! What happened????

Originally Posted by EJM17 

Just got married this past Saturday!!!!! Lets just say my wedding day was beautiful but the planning process and service and Now Larimar is HORRIBLE! A full review will be coming in a few days.

#1967 duchovny0901

duchovny0901
        • Site Supporter
        • 146 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yeah now I'm scared!!!!! Please give us deets!!!!

#1968 amberk90

amberk90
        • 22 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

What happened?!?! I love the now resort and wedding is booked but now I'm nervous! Please give us details!

#1969 riz157

riz157
          • 47 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

I'm not sure what EJM17 has to say about her experience but I attended a wedding at Now Larimar a year ago and while the wedding itself was great the resort was less than desirable.  Staff ran out of beach/pool towels by 10:30/11 am (and when you finally got one some had holes in it), the food was mediocre even in the restaurants and the rooms were pretty bad.  Our air conditioner didn't work the entire time we were there and a few other guests had to change their rooms due to flooding from the shower. 

All in all i would not go back to this resort. HOWEVER, they did an amazing job for my friend's wedding.  All the decor was beautiful and the buffet meal she chose was very good.  The DJ was AWESOME!!!  I was in the bridal party and the ladies at the salon really know what they're doing for hair and makeup so don't have any worries there. 

I just had my wedding at El Dorado Royale in Mexico and could definitely tell the difference in service and quality of food/rooms/food.  I think if you chose this resort and are already in the middle of planning stick with it. It was horrible but I wouldn't recommend going there again.  We were all there to have a great time and celebrate our friend's happy time so we made the best of it and didn't complain.  AND you will have a fabulous wedding. 

#1970 riz157

riz157
            • 47 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by riz157 

I'm not sure what EJM17 has to say about her experience but I attended a wedding at Now Larimar a year ago and while the wedding itself was great the resort was less than desirable.  Staff ran out of beach/pool towels by 10:30/11 am (and when you finally got one some had holes in it), the food was mediocre even in the restaurants and the rooms were pretty bad.  Our air conditioner didn't work the entire time we were there and a few other guests had to change their rooms due to flooding from the shower. 

All in all i would not go back to this resort. HOWEVER, they did an amazing job for my friend's wedding.  All the decor was beautiful and the buffet meal she chose was very good.  The DJ was AWESOME!!!  I was in the bridal party and the ladies at the salon really know what they're doing for hair and makeup so don't have any worries there. 

I just had my wedding at El Dorado Royale in Mexico and could definitely tell the difference in service and quality of food/rooms/food.  I think if you chose this resort and are already in the middle of planning stick with it. It was horrible but I wouldn't recommend going there again.  We were all there to have a great time and celebrate our friend's happy time so we made the best of it and didn't complain.  AND you will have a fabulous wedding. 

oops...meant to say it WASN'T horrible but I wouldn't go back...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users