Newbie - Planning a DW at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton - May 23, 2012

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hey Tanya!!

Super CRAZY!! This might make it even crazier but we are also flying to Jamaica on May 19, 2012 from Toronto.

Hi JessicaP 

In deed we are wedding twins!  Super wild!

I'm in Toronto! I don't know which is more crazier - the fact that we both live in southern Ontario, or that we are getting married on the same date. Awesome!

We've planned for a 4pm wedding on the beach. We're leaving on May 19th from Toronto. What day is your group departing?

For our reception, we chose a private reception at Poseidon... i think it'll be nice although daaamnnn... it's starting to cost alot of money.  Definitely didn't expect some of the extra costs, but then again, not sure what we expected.  Obviously, and unfortunately, nothing's free!    As for colours, we're going with a light blue/turquoise and light sandy colour.  Perhaps I'll throw in some vibrant greens or oranges as centre pieces... still thinking about that.  I went with the Pure Paradise Package, but am paying a little bit extra for different flowers.  You have to ask for every little think possible to make sure it's either included or not included in the package.  SOooo many things to consider.  It's crazy!!!  

We have not decided on a photographer yet.  I was thinking about flying someone down too, but now I'm thinking about getting someone locally.  I've been blogging with a few other brides and got some feedback on a few local photographers.  You have to pay the resort a vendor fee though - $300 in order to bring someone in.  I think if they're part of your party, then there wouldn't be a fee. That's super nice of you to bring down someone from Texas - they must be real good!  

Are you getting a dj?  or another form of entertainment for the reception?  I was told it's a waist of money to hire the dj - something along the lines of by the time guests are finished eating, there's only like an hour left to dance.  Reception will end at 10pm.  We were thinking of continuing the party on the beach ... we've got to go somewhere to keep the party going.  But again, not sure about how that would work.  Still haven't decided on all these specifics yet.

Yes, I was thinking about having a get-together with all the guests in Jamaica.  Definitely a dinner with everyone so they know the agenda of the day and what to expect/where they need to be, certain times, etc.  Something post the wedding... I'm thinking of taking our group to another part of the island to enjoy a day of Jamaican food and drinks. 

We should totally connect at one point once we're in Jamaica.  I'm sure we'll see each other on our wedding day, but I'd love to meet up with you before.  

What about you?  What package did you choose?  And have you sorted out colours yet?

I'm assuming your name is Jessica :)  I'm Tanya!  Super nice to meet you fellow bride. 

Chat soon!!!

#22 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

does anyone know what the Blue Lagoon looks like? were getting married april 14 2012 but at this point i dont know if we should do blue lagoon or beach reception...id rather do it outside but i think there is a min of ppl needed for that....so i would like to know if anyone has pics of the blue lagoon..please help lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#23 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

does anyone know what the Blue Lagoon looks like? were getting married april 14 2012 but at this point i dont know if we should do blue lagoon or beach reception...id rather do it outside but i think there is a min of ppl needed for that....so i would like to know if anyone has pics of the blue lagoon..please help lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#24 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
        • 610 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Check oyster.com for more pictures...

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#25 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
          • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW u r the best! some how i feel soo much better now lol...and I just PMed u too lol,

#26 Daniela Black

Daniela Black
            • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

congrats to you

#27 Daniela Black

Daniela Black
              • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

amazing

#28 sunset2012

sunset2012
                • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

Hello Brides!! Getting married at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton on June 23, 2012. I've been communicating with Simone who has been awesome!! I booked my travel arrangements through destinationweddings.com. Still trying to decide on reception but I'm getting super excited since the official 365 day countdown to June 2012 has begun.

#29 Apolloniacreed

Apolloniacreed
                  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd add to the thread... I'm confirmed GPLH 6/09/12!  Yay!  This seems like a good place to share information.  I have also been in contact with Simone, and she has been very helpful -- especially considering  asked her about a hundred questions before I even booked.  I went with one of the renewal packages because we are going to get married before we leave and that saves me about $800.  We went there last year on vacation so I'm pretty familiar with the property.  A friend had a birthday gathering at Blue Lagoon, and it's a really nice space... We used the sound system they provided with the ipod dock and it was sufficient... So, I think we'll forego the DJ.  Well, in any case TTYS.  Happy Planning! 

#30 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

welcome to the thread!!! although ive already given you three posts...on three different forums, ill say it again WELCOME!!! lol

ive been in touch with Natalie Green who im sure at this point knows everything about our wedding lol, but im finding the staff there so great to work with, and cant wait to go and tie the knot!!

Originally Posted by Apolloniacreed 

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I'd add to the thread... I'm confirmed GPLH 6/09/12!  Yay!  This seems like a good place to share information.  I have also been in contact with Simone, and she has been very helpful -- especially considering  asked her about a hundred questions before I even booked.  I went with one of the renewal packages because we are going to get married before we leave and that saves me about $800.  We went there last year on vacation so I'm pretty familiar with the property.  A friend had a birthday gathering at Blue Lagoon, and it's a really nice space... We used the sound system they provided with the ipod dock and it was sufficient... So, I think we'll forego the DJ.  Well, in any case TTYS.  Happy Planning! 

Were getting married there April 14th 2012. So excited!!!!!!

Were doing the private reception at the blue lagoon, only because we get our own music, decorations, and well its private for just us and our fam/friends. If you need anything let me know as Iam in the final planning stages, and would be happy to help out if you need it!

Good luck

Originally Posted by sunset2012 

Hello Brides!! Getting married at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton on June 23, 2012. I've been communicating with Simone who has been awesome!! I booked my travel arrangements through destinationweddings.com. Still trying to decide on reception but I'm getting super excited since the official 365 day countdown to June 2012 has begun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users