ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#691 jennMc

jennMc
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Testing...having trouble posting...

Hi Ladies...I've tried posting this three times today lol... Anyways I wanted to share some pricing I got from my TA today... Thank you for your email. For the disco to be private for 2 hours the cost depends on the amount of guests that will be attending up to 20 guests is $500 20 to 50 guests is $700 51 to 100 guests is $1000 These prices includes a DJ, an open bar and a bartender for 2 hours. The disco is opened at 11pm except on a Tuesday. The private dinner on the beach is $67 per person plus $600 for the private location. This includes buffet dinner on the pool deck, an open bar, bartender and servers, tables, chairs, white table cloth, white linen napkins, glass and silver wares. The location is for 4 hours, from 6:30pm - 10:30pm. DJ service is $300 per hour For an after dinner party on the pool deck the cost is $15 per person and $300 per hour for the DJ service. This includes an open bar, bartender and chairs. Bon fire on the beach is $200, with an open bar is $15 per person

#692 jennMc

jennMc
    • 41 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Seems my post keeps going into moderation? Not sure what that means....

#693 AshleyD

AshleyD
      • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

No problem at all!

Hey AshleyD, Thanks SO much for the info, I do appreciate it~! Yassy

#694 AshleyD

AshleyD
        • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hey Ladies, My TA finally heard back from Keisha on some pricing and I wanted to share... Thank you for your email.   For the disco to be private for 2 hours the cost depends on the amount of guests that will be attending  up to 20  guests is $500 20 to 50 guests is $700 51 to 100 guests is $1000   These prices includes a DJ, an open bar and a bartender for 2 hours.  The disco is opened at 11pm except on a Tuesday.   The private dinner on the beach is $67 per person plus $600 for the private location.  This includes buffet dinner on the pool deck, an open bar, bartender and servers, tables, chairs, white table cloth, white linen napkins, glass and silver wares.  The location is for 4 hours, from 6:30pm - 10:30pm.  DJ service is $300 per hour   For an after dinner party on the pool deck the cost is $15 per person and $300 per hour for the DJ service.  This includes an open bar, bartender and chairs.   Bon fire on the beach is $200, with an open bar is $15 per person.

Hi JennMc, Did she say anything about a reception option before dinner? I am stuck with the 1:00pm awkward wedding time. I can't get info back from her about the reception being before dinner. Thanks!

#695 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
          • 270 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyD 

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jennMc 

Hey Ladies,

My TA finally heard back from Keisha on some pricing and I wanted to share...

Thank you for your email.

For the disco to be private for 2 hours the cost depends on the amount of guests that will be attending
             up to 20  guests is $500
            20 to 50 guests is $700
            51 to 100 guests is $1000

These prices includes a DJ, an open bar and a bartender for 2 hours.  The disco is opened at 11pm except on a Tuesday.

The private dinner on the beach is $67 per person plus $600 for the private location.  This includes buffet dinner on the pool deck, an open bar, bartender and servers, tables, chairs, white table cloth, white linen napkins, glass and silver wares.  The location is for 4 hours, from 6:30pm - 10:30pm.  DJ service is $300 per hour

For an after dinner party on the pool deck the cost is $15 per person and $300 per hour for the DJ service.  This includes an open bar, bartender and chairs.

Bon fire on the beach is $200, with an open bar is $15 per person.

Hi JennMc,

Did she say anything about a reception option before dinner? I am stuck with the 1:00pm awkward wedding time. I can't get info back from her about the reception being before dinner.

Thanks!

I think the dinners/receptions are always starting at 6:30pm. 

#696 SHANNON4

SHANNON4
            • 38 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

hi, sept. 2013 wedding here. so im pretty confused on one thing. so im doing the beach ceromany, and then the semi private dinner, now is the dinner free so long as i have under 40 people? thats the impression i was given when i first booked, but after reading everying info, im second guessing myself. i know its 500 for the 'free' wedding, and i need to pay per chair after 10 4 the ceremony, and then im paying 15pp for a poolside reception. oh, and do i get tables too 4 the poolside reception or only chairs? thanks! feeling stressed with the wedding being so close! oh one more thing, do i tip one large sum 4 our personal bartender at the reception? or just the guests tip as they wish, if i do one big tip, how much should that be?

#697 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
              • 413 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
              • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
              • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

hi, sept. 2013 wedding here. so im pretty confused on one thing. so im doing the beach ceromany, and then the semi private dinner, now is the dinner free so long as i have under 40 people? thats the impression i was given when i first booked, but after reading everying info, im second guessing myself. i know its 500 for the 'free' wedding, and i need to pay per chair after 10 4 the ceremony, and then im paying 15pp for a poolside reception. oh, and do i get tables too 4 the poolside reception or only chairs? thanks! feeling stressed with the wedding being so close! oh one more thing, do i tip one large sum 4 our personal bartender at the reception? or just the guests tip as they wish, if i do one big tip, how much should that be?

Depending on how many ppl are included in your package which I think is ten. You have to pay 10.50 per person over the alotted 10 plus the extras for the reception. The 10.50 is for the dinner As for tipping I don't know what I'm gonna do about that or if I am going to tip much. They are already charging us a stupid amt for stuff that's already included in our stay as we are doing all inclusive. And everyone is staying on the resort. And the same food and drinks would be free any other day. Also if you think about it. They are saying the 15pp is for the bartender fee. So times that by how many ppl u have. The resort is getting a bunch of that money ALSO if I decide to tip an exceptional server I will do it a day after the wedding to them personally because I don't want the resort taking the money. These are just my thoughts of course. I will decide once there lol

#698 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
              • 270 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SHANNON4 

Depending on how many ppl are included in your package which I think is ten. You have to pay 10.50 per person over the alotted 10 plus the extras for the reception.

The 10.50 is for the dinner

As for tipping I don't know what I'm gonna do about that or if I am going to tip much. They are already charging us a stupid amt for stuff that's already included in our stay as we are doing all inclusive. And everyone is staying on the resort. And the same food and drinks would be free any other day.

Also if you think about it. They are saying the 15pp is for the bartender fee. So times that by how many ppl u have. The resort is getting a bunch of that money
                ALSO if I decide to tip an exceptional server I will do it a day after the wedding to them personally because I don't want the resort taking the money.

These are just my thoughts of course. I will decide once there lol

Yea I hear what yo say. My fiance was complaining about the fact we are paying for food and drinks EVEN THOUGH it is included in an all inclusive. I guess its the whole "bringing it to your table" thing that they are charging for? I can live with the 10.50 per person but what blows my mind is that if people have more than 40 people you pay so much more. is it still 10.50 for the private dinner? or is it the $67. I think the $67 is for the poolside or beach but I'm not sure at this point!

#699 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
                • 413 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
                • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
                • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Yo

Yea I hear what yo say. My fiance was complaining about the fact we are paying for food and drinks EVEN THOUGH it is included in an all inclusive. I guess its the whole "bringing it to your table" thing that they are charging for? I can live with the 10.50 per person but what blows my mind is that if people have more than 40 people you pay so much more. is it still 10.50 for the private dinner? or is it the $67. I think the $67 is for the poolside or beach but I'm not sure at this point!

The 67 is for the poolside one. What we are going to do is the plantation pay the 1000 and that turns it private. Then ts 10.50 a person. So basically u just pay the 1000 extra for private there. But no drinks. U have to add another 10.50 ppfor the bar. Then 300 a hr for dj I'm totally agreeing with ur FI. But the food is delved to ur table when u go to one of the restaurants. So they are just making random fees in my opinion Therefore I'm leaning to no tip. Lol

#700 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
                • 270 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

Yo

The 67 is for the poolside one. What we are going to do is the plantation pay the 1000 and that turns it private. Then ts 10.50 a person. So basically u just pay the 1000 extra for private there. But no drinks. U have to add another 10.50 ppfor the bar. Then 300 a hr for dj I'm totally agreeing with ur FI. But the food is delved to ur table when u go to one of the restaurants. So they are just making random fees in my opinion Therefore I'm leaning to no tip. Lol

Yes I guess you are right. I am not sure where the cost is coming from. I guess that's how they make their profit

Back to Destination Weddings in Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users