Sign in to follow this  
PurpleUnicorn

When do you inform your guests about the AHR??

My Jamaican destination wedding has been in the works for over a year now and everyone knows about it and hardly anyone can come.  I had a bridal shower a few months ago and I can't remember who or how many, but i know i told a few people that I was NOT doing an AHR.

Well now i have decided i want/need to do one because so many people cannot come who originally said they were 100% coming (story of many of us destination brides lives, right?!).

My wedding is in a month and a half (April 19) and I can only have the AHR in mid August.

Question is when do I inform/invite guests about this?

I am thinking i will send a message to everyone from our wedding website right before i go to Jamaica to say that there will be an AHR in August, date not yet set, info to come (kinda like an STD).   And when i have the details planned out and after I come back from Jamaica, then i will send out the official invites - does this sound okay?    How did you go about informing/inviting people?

I made invites thru vista print(free) and will be mailing them out end of May.  AHR date is Aug 13/11

As far as RSVP I have set it up on my wedding website and also included my phone number.

For an AHR I think you would follow the tyipcal wedding invite rules. If you can get the invites out 12 weeks ahead of the date you should be good to go. But even if you have an AHR there may still be people who don't come.

When we sent our STD 9 months early, we included the OOT wedding date as well as the AHR date.

We leave on 4/13/11 and our AHR is 4/30/11 but we will not be back home from Jamaica until 4/22/11.  I sent formal but simple invites for the AHR in Feb giving everyone 6 weeks to RSVP.  I need a head count prior to leaving the country.  We never sent a formal invite for the OOT wedding because those that were determined to go, booked their trip.  Wasn't going to waste money on additional invites for that.