Photo

Where can i buy bottles of wine in Montego Bay and what is the price range?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

For my private reception, i have to pay extra for alcohol for 2 hours. it will actually be a lot cheaper if i bring my own bottles of wine to drink during dinner. The resort (Sunset Beach) allows me to do this as long as I pay their "corkage fee" (they will open and serve it during dinner).

Basically, i am hoping to get bottles of wine for around $10 each.  Less would of course be better.  I just want a decent bottle, doesn't have to be too fancy.  For example, I live in California where Yellow Tail and Barefoot wines go for about $6. I would be totally happy with these brands or something similar. I was able to find out that Yellow Tail in Montego Bay is around $20!  this scares me and i am hoping to gather more info on prices and types of wine i can buy before i go.

Does anyone have knowledge or experience with this?  

thanks!

#2 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
    • 305 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

can anyone help with this?

#3 redginger

redginger
      • 360 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

My fiance and I were in Jamaica earlier this year and stopped by Hi-Lo Market in Montego Bay, which is one of the largest supermarkets. They have tons of alcohol, including wines, rum and beer. Hi-Lo is very close to the Montego airport...about 10 minute drive.

#4 redginger

redginger
        • 360 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

Oh, sorry...just noticed that your wedding was last week! Hope you were able to get help before the wedding.

#5 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
          • 305 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

i only needed 6 bottles in the end and so i had 3 people, myself included pack them in our suitcase, thanks though! it saved us from having to get into town to a store as well.

Originally Posted by redginger 

Oh, sorry...just noticed that your wedding was last week! Hope you were able to get help before the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users