Affordable Reception Location/Catering

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 izzyj

• 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

I'm getting married in September and have already decided on the Kukahiko Estate for my ceremony.  I'm looking for a super affordable reception space with buffet or plated dinner for 15-25 people.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on it, but I want it to be somewhat nice.

Thanks in advance!

#2 cocoalover

• 37 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

I highly recommend buzz's catering. The food is amazing, and Marla the manager is so responsive, and very sweet. I love her. I am in the middle of writing us my reviews, and let me know if you have more questions.

#3 izzyj

• 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

Thanks!  I will check them out.

#4 jeks

• 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

I would recommend Food for the Soul, going to do a tasting with them in December.

#5 Jackpot82

• 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:22 AM

Have you given thought to a luau? It might sound cheesy but its alot of fun and group interactive. We went to the Luau at the Grand Wailea and it was top notch! Service, food, entertainment, the whole 9 yards ... My husband and I did that for our wedding dinner and we can't say anything negative about the experience. We even were pulled on stage to dance. The staff made us feel special and we had some of the best seats in the house. Perfect way to unwind and end to our Hawaiian wedding day. 

Just a thought :)

#6 Nora NandCPhoto

Nora NandCPhoto
            • 27 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

Some of the best food we have had is from CJ's Maui.  Their Maui ribs are to DIE FOR!!!! So Delish!!!  CJ has a diner in Lahaina also if you wanted to check the food out prior.  Although I can vouch that the food is AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!  The best I have had at a wedding. http://www.cjsmaui.com/ 

#7 luckycharmy

• 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

We are looking at holding our ceremony at Kukahiko Estate as well.  How is it there?  Did you get ready in the cottage?  Since we are doing ceremony only, we don't have access to the main house so I was curious what the cottage is like, if it is nicely furnished, if it is one big room or has seperate rooms,  how big (how many people can be inside the living room area)?  I couldn't find any pictures of the cottage online....only the main house.

Were you happy with the Kukahiko Estate or are there draw backs?  Recommended? 

Windy out?

#8 mauiphotog808

• 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Fleetwood's in Lahaina is new and they have private rooms for reception dinners and their food is pretty reasonable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users