Photo

Updated Grand Cayman Weddings Thread

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#1 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:11 AM

My FI and I have a trip planned to go to GC and check out a few locations for our May 2012 Wedding!  Anyone else getting married in the Cayman Islands?!  Please share details, vendors etc!!!

#2 lm3682

lm3682
    • 40 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

As Grand Cayman had been my runner up to my wedding destination (Turks & Caicos), I had checked out a few places. Then I was just there for vacation this past weekend and we ate at one of the places I had strongly considered for a reception, Luca. It's at the Caribbean Club, is on the beach and very classy. We had an excellent meal and great service, so I would consider that for a reception!

#3 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
      • 283 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 06:26 AM

We are indeed going to the Carribean Club for a meeting.  I have heard such amazing reviews of the place!! Thanks for your feedback!!!

#4 ls415

ls415
        • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:00 PM

When are you taking your meetings at the Caribbean Club and Luca?  We are booked there (site unseen!) for November 4, 2011.  I've read a lot online and have been researching places for what feels like forever.  I'm thrilled with our choice, but would love to hear your first hand thoughts...

Thanks, Laura

#5 lawtoya

lawtoya
          • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

I'm coming in on a cruiseship with my weddiing party and looking for a location on the beach for the ceremony.. I would love some suggestions as to what is the best location there.,,

#6 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
            • 283 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by ls415 

When are you taking your meetings at the Caribbean Club and Luca?  We are booked there (site unseen!) for November 4, 2011.  I've read a lot online and have been researching places for what feels like forever.  I'm thrilled with our choice, but would love to hear your first hand thoughts...

Thanks, Laura

Hi Laura!!

So excited for you!!!  Even more so another Cayman bride :) We are heading down May 27-31st and meeting with the planner at Carribean Club first.  I'll be sure to let you know what I find! I have heard amazing reveiws, be sure to get some pictures for you too if you'd like??

#7 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
              • 283 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by lawtoya 

I'm coming in on a cruiseship with my weddiing party and looking for a location on the beach for the ceremony.. I would love some suggestions as to what is the best location there.,,

Check out cyrstalblueweddings.com  I'm sure that site will help you find a location!!!  It's been very helpful in all of my searching!

#8 ls415

ls415
                • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Thanks Starfish.  I'd love to see pics and any other intel you dig up

Everyone I've worked with so far at Caribbean Club, Luca, and Celebrations has been lovely.  Good luck with whatever you choose!

#9 GrandCayBride

GrandCayBride
                  • 36 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

I am getting married at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites on June 24th 2011.  Marina Flynn the wedding coordinator has been awesome to work with.  We have 30 people attending our wedding.  Beach wedding with cocktail hour at the terrace and then the reception at the pool terrace area.  Mainstream will be playing.  Steel Drum for the ceremony.  Celebrations doing the decorating and flowers.  Everything has been smooth thus far.  I will post pictures after.  PictureThis is our Photographer.

#10 Starfish0512

Starfish0512
                    • 283 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

Grand Cay Bride...

I am thrilled you found this thread! GCBS is looking like the spot for us as we are having a small number of family traveling down with us and not sure we can fill the requirements for the Carribean Club.  I have been in touch with Marina a number of times and she seems delightful! We will be meeting with her during our little whirlwind trip as well!! Cant wait to hear how everything turns out for you!!  

Originally Posted by GrandCayBride 

I am getting married at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites on June 24th 2011.  Marina Flynn the wedding coordinator has been awesome to work with.  We have 30 people attending our wedding.  Beach wedding with cocktail hour at the terrace and then the reception at the pool terrace area.  Mainstream will be playing.  Steel Drum for the ceremony.  Celebrations doing the decorating and flowers.  Everything has been smooth thus far.  I will post pictures after.  PictureThis is our Photographer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users