Photo

Is it bad if your fiance sees your dress?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

I don't really want Hans to see my dress, but he's already seen the style I'm looking for. I can't keep a secret!

#22 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
    • 716 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

My FI turned out to be pretty traditional too! I want to meet before the ceremony to take wedding pictures, but he's insisting that we wait until after cuz he doesn't want to see me in the dress until I walk down the aisle!

#23 evonut

evonut
      • 92 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:59 AM

Future Hubby saw my dresses online, but not in person. He was also part of the buying process for one of them.

#24 royfa

royfa
        • 2,201 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:32 AM

Last Friday we were shopping windows for the new house and I saw this wedding shop. We stopped and I tried a few dresses just so I see his reaction over each style I tried. He will not see the final choice, I don't want him to.
          Fannie & Pierre

#25 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

OMG I have a funny story about this....

so last night UPS delivered my dress and of course first thing I do is go to try it on. Well it fit like a glove.... it's kind of a mermaid style dress so very fitting. I put my veil on and did a happy dance. I know I'm a dork but I'm fine with it.

So when it came ot taking it off I was having problems. First I was getting all clamy and sweaty which did not help the process. Second I got it over my head and then got stuck, I started hyperventalating and FREAKING OUT.

No one was home but FH! I didn't know what to do so I started moving and shaking in hoped to get it off. But nope no luck.... finally something gave and the dress came off. I was about 10 seconds off of calling FH though who would have seen the dress.

geeze so close! I learned my lesson and I will NOT be trying it on again without help. LOL

#26 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

That is a funny story, I can totally see that happening to me.

I tried to have Matt look at some with me to see what he liked, but he said they all looked the same. I know all he cares about is that I am in the dress, so that is fine with me! He knows it will be nothing big though, cuz I like more sleek styles. And he knows I don't like satin and love beading and lace. So I guess if he thought about it enough, he could form some pictures in his mind. But he will not see it before the wedding, hopefully anyway. And if he does, I don't beleive that is bad luck and I won't cry about it if he happens to see it. But I agree that it's all in the moment when he first sees you in it.

#27 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:03 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Julesr
              I would show him a picture of another dress, if he will not leave you alone, but I would not show him your real dress, that ruins the surprise.
              I totally agree with Julie!!! I was going throught this too, FI wouldn't leave me alone and said he can see the dress, just not on me!!! But I want him to be suprised!

#28 LisaG

LisaG
              • VIP Member
              • 7,839 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Raeka

so last night UPS delivered my dress and of course first thing I do is go to try it on. Well it fit like a glove.... it's kind of a mermaid style dress so very fitting. I put my veil on and did a happy dance. I know I'm a dork but I'm fine with it.

So when it came ot taking it off I was having problems. First I was getting all clamy and sweaty which did not help the process. Second I got it over my head and then got stuck, I started hyperventalating and FREAKING OUT.

No one was home but FH! I didn't know what to do so I started moving and shaking in hoped to get it off. But nope no luck.... finally something gave and the dress came off. I was about 10 seconds off of calling FH though who would have seen the dress.

geeze so close! I learned my lesson and I will NOT be trying it on again without help. LOL
                ROFL ~ You are totally cracking me up!!! I can totally see myself doing that. I get stuck in clothes while in the dressing room all the time!

#29 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Raeka

I did the same thing when I got my first dress!! I was freaking out that I was going to have to call FI!!

I'm so glad you got your dress and that you love it! When I ordered my new one they gave me the approximate date of the 19th, but I really want to call tomorrow and find out if they know anything, I'm really anxious!

#30 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,680 posts
                  • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                  • LocationUtah

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:07 PM

Yea it was one of those "moments" as in dumbass moments...

hey jill I say go for it and call them, it's always nice just for peace of mind. I know I called about 2 weeks before it got here - just checking that the order is still on schedule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users