Photo

April 2012 Bride

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#41 Ali12

Ali12
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Thanks ladies, I think we are going to go with 3. 

Maritza919, I am doing short dresses for them, havent found the right ones yet but thought short ones would be better. 

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort - April 18th 2012

#42 meeshie77

meeshie77
    • 208 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:48 PM

HELP!  I really want to be an April 2012 bride but after working with 2 travel agents and getting prices over our guests' budgets, I've packed in the planning for a few months :(  How are you ladies deciding what to do first and in what order?  Is budget for your guests a concern?

#43 Maritza919

Maritza919
      • 421 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

Mine was by choice. My FMIL and FSIL work in the school system so I kind of had to base it on the school schedule. Originally I wanted to do May but when I thought I had a date my little brother who is 7 and my cousins have testing here in NY.  So We did the April 7th, only to realize that April 8th is Easter.  I totally did not know until my FMIL told me.  You can't make everyone happy. The prices for the rooms aren't bad just waiting for airfare to come out.  It is what is.  At the end if it is just our immediate families i'll be fine. I didn't want a big wedding =)

#44 Sharon99

Sharon99
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:38 PM

Honestly, I choose my resort 1st because I have been there twice & knew I would not settle for anywhere else. With that being said I wanted to give my guests more then a years notice. I originally chose April 19th 2012 but the rates dropped a little from May-August so I went with the first week in May. Did a room block for group rates & in hope that there will be discounts and/or specials so our rates will drop. 

I was worrying about who will come & stressing about it but then finally let it go & said the people I want there will hopefully be there & if not I understand(even though they had a year to save)...Everyone we tell says they are in but no one has made a deposit yet!!! 

#45 Ali12

Ali12
          • 216 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

We looked and waited to find something in a price range we wanted, were a little stressed with how much it was then said whatever, picked a resort we liked and figured people will come if they want and if not then it is ok, as long as our close family is there that's all that matters to us. We will see, just sent out our save the dates!

#46 meeshie77

meeshie77
            • 208 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

I totally think you did the right thing and are on the right track!!!  I will have to do the same and just the universe work its magic ;)  Congrats on your positive attitude and booking your resort :)

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Honestly, I choose my resort 1st because I have been there twice & knew I would not settle for anywhere else. With that being said I wanted to give my guests more then a years notice. I originally chose April 19th 2012 but the rates dropped a little from May-August so I went with the first week in May. Did a room block for group rates & in hope that there will be discounts and/or specials so our rates will drop. 

I was worrying about who will come & stressing about it but then finally let it go & said the people I want there will hopefully be there & if not I understand(even though they had a year to save)...Everyone we tell says they are in but no one has made a deposit yet!!! 

#47 meeshie77

meeshie77
              • 208 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

YAY for you two!!!  That ROCKS!  I think I'm starting to get it as a "noob"... Just do what you want and if people like then they'll come and if not, no problem!

What kind of STD's did you do?

Originally Posted by Ali12 

We looked and waited to find something in a price range we wanted, were a little stressed with how much it was then said whatever, picked a resort we liked and figured people will come if they want and if not then it is ok, as long as our close family is there that's all that matters to us. We will see, just sent out our save the dates!

#48 Ali12

Ali12
                • 216 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Thanks!!! You just cant please everyone, so do what you want is how I like to think of it.

We just did a save the date email, nothing fancy, simple and full of lots of information. Saved us some money on that as well. THen we are sending out invites in the fall probably. 

#49 Gina42212

Gina42212
                  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

I'm also a 2012 bride, and am looking for Caribbean resorts; most likely Aruba.  Can't wait to hear more input from brides on everything...this is my first time to this site, and I'm excited to have found it!

#50 mrsrobinson

mrsrobinson
                    • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

Just beginning to plan our wedding for 2012.  Can't decide between getting married in Bermuda or here in the UK.  Only planning a small wedding as both sets of parents no longer around and we'd be as happy with a few close friends as a big party.  I'm still concerned that some of the people we really want there won't be able to afford to go all that way.  I'd love to hear how and why people made the decision to commit to getting married away from home.  I'm stuck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users