Jump to content

Photo

So hard to find fellow SANDALS JAMAICA BRIDES!!!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 kat2012

kat2012
  • Member
  • 602 posts

    Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

    Word!!! :D

     

    Originally Posted by Jessica Johnson 

    It is good to be on these discussion boards discussing your wedding.  You nenver knwo when you will come across some interesting and helpful information!  I met Kat on here, and we were able to book a photographer together.  I am looking forward to NOT getting ripped off by resort photographers.  Having a photographer/friend come is much more reliable and gives you piece of mind.  I woudl recommend tryign to find someone who is also getting married and can maybe work out a similar deal with shooting 2 weddings over a few days.  Anybody have any ideas for hair styles?  Also, I am really fighting to find shoes here!!  I am looking for purple ones to match the orchids!  Very hard to find!

     

    Anyone else getting married at Sandals Grande Riviera?



     



    #32 zbwedding

    zbwedding
    • Jr. Member
    • 156 posts

      Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

      Sandals has said you can't bring a photographer (or any outside vendors) there.  How are you able to do that?  Also, what did you mean by getting ripped off by the photographer?  



      #33 kat2012

      kat2012
      • Member
      • 602 posts

        Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:59 PM


        We are not bringing her as a photographer, we are bringing her a a friend ( well she is my friend now ) and she is staying at the resort with her husband. So she will be our friend taking pictures :D Many brides did that and had no problems, they would have more of an issue if I would get Jamaican photographer to come in and just get him/her a day pass. They would not let that slide. But they can't argue that our friend can't take our pics :D

        By ripped off she meant that 1400$ for 100 pics is a rip off ;)
         

        Originally Posted by zbwedding 

        Sandals has said you can't bring a photographer (or any outside vendors) there.  How are you able to do that?  Also, what did you mean by getting ripped off by the photographer?  



         



        #34 Katie McLean

        Katie McLean
        • Newbie
        • 41 posts

          Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

          Hi All,

           

          I am getting married at Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios on April 12, 2013 although still a year away I am looking for some details on what people did for their receptions. We already have 20 people booked and it's looking like we'll have about 40 people total. I was originally wanting to do the 2 hour private reception with the plated dinner, but i'm starting to think about how much money that will be. What did you ladies do for your reception? How many people did you have go? I guess I would also like to do the first dance with my FI, the mother son dance, father daughter dance....but am wondering if it's worth a DJ for that stuff? Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! 

           

          Thanks in advance!

          Katie 



          #35 CherieY

          CherieY
          • Newbie
          • 37 posts

            Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

            I'll be honest, after speaking to Sandals wedding coordinator about the two hour reception I decided against it.  They charge you for every table, chair, drink, decoration, EVERYTHING... You already get free food and drinks because you are at an all-inclusive, so I recomend having your free cocktail reception, see if since you have so many people you can get some freebies on that, and save the money.  I am getting married there next month, and I wanted the reception too, it just is not worth the cost.  I am having 20 people travel with us, and I am thinking we will not do the first dance and all that.  Instead, we will just have a romantic dinner that evening, and meet everyone at the BAR for free drinks

            Hi All,

             

            I am getting married at Sandals Grande Riviera in Ocho Rios on April 12, 2013 although still a year away I am looking for some details on what people did for their receptions. We already have 20 people booked and it's looking like we'll have about 40 people total. I was originally wanting to do the 2 hour private reception with the plated dinner, but i'm starting to think about how much money that will be. What did you ladies do for your reception? How many people did you have go? I guess I would also like to do the first dance with my FI, the mother son dance, father daughter dance....but am wondering if it's worth a DJ for that stuff? Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! 

             

            Thanks in advance!

            Katie 



            #36 Katie McLean

            Katie McLean
            • Newbie
            • 41 posts

              Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

              I guess my thought is that all of our guests just paid $1,000-$4,000 to go to Jamaica for our wedding, so I kinda feel the least we can do is dinner with everyone together. Unfortunately they won't accommodate all of us at any one or probably two restaurants. I have  my call with the Coordinator this week so we'll see. I guess I just feel we should do more than happy hour for our guests, but that is totally my opinion. I'm not sure if any of the bars on the resort can accommodate 60+ people either....hmmm. I hate making decisions, I really do. 

              Originally Posted by CherieY 

              I'll be honest, after speaking to Sandals wedding coordinator about the two hour reception I decided against it.  They charge you for every table, chair, drink, decoration, EVERYTHING... You already get free food and drinks because you are at an all-inclusive, so I recomend having your free cocktail reception, see if since you have so many people you can get some freebies on that, and save the money.  I am getting married there next month, and I wanted the reception too, it just is not worth the cost.  I am having 20 people travel with us, and I am thinking we will not do the first dance and all that.  Instead, we will just have a romantic dinner that evening, and meet everyone at the BAR for free drinks



              #37 AJM91812

              AJM91812
              • Newbie
              • 7 posts

                Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

                Hi, My name is Amanda and I am getting married Sept 18, 2012 at Sandals Royal Caribbean. I have been looking at some of your posts regarding photography (I realize these were posted about a year ago-so im hoping you will see this), but I am curious,...are we allowed to bring our own photographers?? I was under the impression we could NOT use any third party vendors and had to book everything through Sandals? I would love to bring my own down as I would be able to get more photos, pay less money, and trust who is taking the photos. I am concerned about what i will receive from resort photography. Also, did you plan any type of beach party or anything special for your guests? We have 30 people coming down and have been talking with our wedding planner about a beach party after our rehearsal dinner, but just for a fire pit and a band for an hour is $1700?! Seems a little pricey...Looking forward to any advice you can give me or tips to make this wedding experience wonderful!! Thanks!



                #38 Katie McLean

                Katie McLean
                • Newbie
                • 41 posts

                  Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

                  AJM,

                   

                  There are certainly ways around the rule...what they don't want happening is you inviting someone from the area to the resort for the day to do pictures. I am having our family photographer come on the trip as a guest and he will be taking all of our photos. I have spoken with the coordinator and this is okay to do. If the photographer is paying to stay on the resort as a guest, there isn't anything they can do about the person taking photos. Does this make sense? I hope it helps!

                   

                  Originally Posted by AJM91812 

                  Hi, My name is Amanda and I am getting married Sept 18, 2012 at Sandals Royal Caribbean. I have been looking at some of your posts regarding photography (I realize these were posted about a year ago-so im hoping you will see this), but I am curious,...are we allowed to bring our own photographers?? I was under the impression we could NOT use any third party vendors and had to book everything through Sandals? I would love to bring my own down as I would be able to get more photos, pay less money, and trust who is taking the photos. I am concerned about what i will receive from resort photography. Also, did you plan any type of beach party or anything special for your guests? We have 30 people coming down and have been talking with our wedding planner about a beach party after our rehearsal dinner, but just for a fire pit and a band for an hour is $1700?! Seems a little pricey...Looking forward to any advice you can give me or tips to make this wedding experience wonderful!! Thanks!



                  #39 seka21

                  seka21
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 150 posts

                    Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

                    We are having a friend stay at the resort and take pictures as well. A week from today! Eek!!






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users