Wedding Fireworks?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DizzyDiamond

DizzyDiamond
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

Hello Everyone! 

Has anyone here used or plan on using fireworks at your wedding?  If so, do the resorts offer it directly as an upgrade or would I have to hire an outside vendor?  Also, what are the approximate costs?  Thanks!  :)

#2 Maritza919

Maritza919
    • 421 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

I always wanted fireworks. Even more so if we're getting married on the beach. I believe the hotel sometimes has it as an additional you can add to your package. If not I'm sure the wedding coordinator would know of someone who does fireworks. :)

#3 downtownlagirl

downtownlagirl
      • 47 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:06 PM

You can do it but the fireworks need to be imported three months in advance minimum - that is what I was told by our hotel. I REALLY want fireworks! The costs I was given range from $5000 for five minutes to $8,500 for three minutes, which is too high for our budget. If ANYBODY has gotten a lower quote I'd love to know about it. (Although I am now within the three month rage - OMG!)

#4 DizzyDiamond

DizzyDiamond
        • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the info Maritza and DowntownLAGirl.  

Guess what?!  I live in Downtown LA at one of the SB Buildings on Spring!  That's cool that someone so close to me is getting married in Jamaica too!

I really want fireworks too, but those prices are way outside of my budget.  I will talk to my planner and see if she can find out more info.  What resort have you all decided on?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

#5 catererbride

catererbride
          • 65 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:46 AM

Silly thought but...can you just bring them in yourself? This was my thought as for a wedding favour for the boys, we wanted a mini firework wrapped with a bow or something that the boys could all have fun letting off at midnight??

I'm from England and we have bonfire parties every year for Bonfire Night so it's not like we have never handled fireworks before. We are getting married in a private villa so don't see that this should be a problem and all fireworks (plus extra bigger more impressive ones) would still come under $400.

Explosives on a plane anyone? :)

#6 downtownlagirl

downtownlagirl
            • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

DizzyDiamond, that is so funny....one of my bridesmaids (we don't really have them, but she will be helping me dress etc) lives in one of those buildings! Small world. I am further east in the Arts District. We are getting married at Round Hill in Montego Bay on April 30. Any good wedding finds in DTLA yet? I need sarongs ;-)

Catererbride, I personally wouldn't risk that on a commercial airplane...but if you have any guests flying in private...well....

#7 catererbride

catererbride
              • 65 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:37 AM

Lol...not something I would risk without asking the airline. I don't fancy half of my guests missing my wedding because they've been locked up!

I will keep you posted :-)

#8 LaraJo

LaraJo
                • 159 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

What about the poor man's fireworks...Sparklers?? It's a safer bet. If interested: http://www.sparklersonline.com/

Sparklers.jpg

Sparkler Send Off.jpg

#9 CBREWSTER

CBREWSTER
                  • 190 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

Omg $5,000 that is way expensive. I agree sparklers might be the way to go! LOL!

#10 downtownlagirl

downtownlagirl
                    • 47 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

I think it's sparklers for us! But did you ship them directly to Jamaica?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users