how's planning? who's ur coordinator?

#483 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

Not sure if anyone has shared but I just posted pictures of the new Karisma Wedding Collections.

Vintage Elegance

Sophisticated Soiree

Pure Glamour

Majestic Flair

Colonial Charm

Coastal Bliss

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#484 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

I know I mentioned this in another post about the karisma packages not working...but my coordinator also said that its much cheaper to design on your own anyway.  I think its like $3000 just to decorate for the ceremony- that's a waste.  The ceremony at most is 30minutes!

#485 tmcdonald

tmcdonald
  • 55 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationAzul Beach

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

@tmcdonald

how's planning? who's ur coordinator?

It's going pretty good.  I am sending out invites today although I think the guests that are going are already signed up.  Got the dress.  I am going a little crazy with the out of town bags; I cant stop buying! I have a photographer booked.  Now I am just looking at easy inexpensive decorations I can bring.   My wedding coordinator is Stephanie Collazo.  I have not contacted her yet.  I figured I better soon.

How about you?

Tricia

Azul beach bride- April 12, 2014!

Anyone else out there?

I just noticed your date is so close!  Yay!  Hopefully everything is going as planned. 

Tricia

#486 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

I would def get in contact asap.  communication is slow & if your planner is anything like mine...she will not go out of her way to help you.  half the time I will send several questions and she omits some...then I have to resend the questions and wait days to hear back.  its so frustrating. 

Im sure she will make it a point to collect payments on time.

Let me know how it goes with your planner.  I may ask to switch

#487 jd0922

jd0922
  • 21 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 10, 2014
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself and jump in on this thread. I am getting married on August 10, 2014 at the Azul Beach. I am deep into planning and almost done, so if anyone has questions and/or suggestions for me, I'm all ears! I already visited the property last summer so I can also maybe answer questions about that. :) 

I would def get in contact asap.  communication is slow & if your planner is anything like mine...she will not go out of her way to help you.  half the time I will send several questions and she omits some...then I have to resend the questions and wait days to hear back.  its so frustrating. 

Im sure she will make it a point to collect payments on time.

Let me know how it goes with your planner.  I may ask to switch

If you want to change planners, I've been happy with mine so far. Her name is Lynda Gomez. She is a bit slow at responding to emails, but so far I haven't had any pressing concerns so it hasn't bothered me. She answers everything I ask directly in the email I send in a different color font, which has been amazing. Makes communication clear and easy. She also helped me think of ways to save money on decorations. 

#488 omontes

omontes
  • Vendor
  • 187 posts
    • LocationCancun

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hi ladies!

We hope you had a great weekend, we're so happy to write for you on this topic, please take a look at our next picture:

http://www.OctavioMontes.com

Attached File  _A5A5821.JPG   325.74KB   3 downloads

#489 talicea7812

talicea7812
    • 416 posts
    • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:27 AM

@tmcdonald

yep...the day is fast approaching.  I have everything figured out on my end...however, my coordinator is still lagging behind.  At this point ive given up and I don't care.  Ive even spoken to the supervisor who took 2weeks to get back to me.  Anything that's not sorted out with the FLcoordinator will be hashed out with the Mexico planner.

All final decisions and payments were due Feb 25th.  My FLcoor just sent me an email this week & attached my wedding worksheet. Most of it was wrong. Sooo I'm done with her. I will work it out when Im onsite. 

I'm flying in my photographer from home.

Booked an outside vendor for video (he is down as a guest at the hotel but wont actually be staying. its cheaper than the fee & it actually worked out to be cheaper than Caribe or Matias cano)

Booked outside florist- FI will have to meet him at the security gate but saved tons $$$

Bringing all my own decorations- nothing crazy, table d├ęcor, sashes

At this point im working on some DIY projects and trying to assemble a playlist :)

@jd0922

Thanks for the advice but I'm so close to the wedding and im just so tired of the back and forth.  Like I told tmcdonald... I will just work it out onsite. Everyone says they are amazing once you get to the resort...so im putting "all my eggs in that basket."

#490 omontes

omontes
    • Vendor
    • 187 posts
      • LocationCancun

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hi BD brides! 

It's a pleasure to write for you on this topic, I want to share those unforgettable moments with you. 

please take a look at the wedding of Erin and David on the beach that took place at Palladium, was magical and wonderful.

Attached File  _A5A4467.JPG   346.09KB   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users